El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I just pulled Cadillac STS seat`s out,, I will have to modify the seat brackets to fit,, electric seats, both of them,, I will post pics in amonth or so when I put them in,, Matty man

·
Registered
338 Posts
Maxima are both power with heat and controls on the side of the seat my buddy just put them in his 70 challenger and looks great so I'm hunting a set now

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I will look as well,,, the Cadillac seats are wider buckets than factory,, but at pick & pull its rare to get in an 08 car of any sort,,,, but I will walk the foriegn row from now on,,,, Thanks for the info,, Matty man

·
Registered
342 Posts
X's 2 on wiring!
I've got infiniti (similar to nissan) seats going in mine, and can't figure out how to wire it up.

·
Registered
236 Posts
X3 on wiring. Some of the non wiring experts would like to see a sticky on the subject...:You_Rock::nanawrench::You_Rock:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Surfing and found this.

I did a little bit of surfing and found this.

How To: Installing bucket seats

I have a tech article on how to install any pair of bucket seats that you wish, just as long as you know that they will fit in the truck and you would be comfortable in the position they will be set at. Keep in mind that this was performed on my 1991 Ford Ranger reg. cab w/ bench seat set-up.
1-Remove your bench seat from your truck, by removing the four bolts at each corner of the seat. They should be 15mm (not sure). You will need to slide seat back all the way to get to front bolts and oppisite to get to the back bolts. Once you get the seat unbolted, be careful when removing, you will need to pull out the seat belts from the slots in the seat and will need to guide out, feet are sharp enough to gouge paint and break plastic so be careful. Better with two people but I did it alone.
2- Once the seat is removed, take a shop vac and thourghly clean out your cab, removing anything that will get in the way.
3- Bring the seat in the shop and remove the tracks from the seat, by removing the two bolts holding tracks to bottom of seat. Make sure you mark which side you removed the bracket from, very important!
4- Once removed, set off to the side, after cleaning up any messy residue (do not remove grease from inside tracks!)
5- Find your bucket seat you wish to install and get them handy. You will want to start with the drivers side first, cause I said so. Now, flip your drivers side bucket seat on the back so you can see and access the tracks on bottom. Remove ONLY the track that is closet to the door when installed ( example: for drivers side would be the left side bracket and right side for the passenger's side when installed). Once removed, find the stock bracket for the left side of the bucket seat or the drivers side bracket. Lay stock bracket over spot where old one layed (Make sure that the seat will be square with your steering wheel, or in the position most comfortable for you.) and see if you can use bucket seat's bolts to hold stock track in place, if so, drill necassary holes and install. If not, you will need to rivet in place. Get your hands on a rivet gun and some heavy duty rivets. Place track in spot and drill pilot holes for your rivets, and rivet into place, making sure that seat will not move anywhere. If possible, you can try welding the bracket onto seat, but watch for fabric fires!

6- Once you make sure tracks are secure enough to save your life in a accident, place seat in the driver's side and align the left stock bracket ( which is hopefully now connected to your bucket seat) and bolt stock bracket into place. If you can without damaging anything, carefully sit in the seat and see if the direction will be comfortable, chances are the levelness of the seat is off, dont worry for now. If you like the direction of the seat towards your steering wheel or your most comfortable spot then dont adjust. If you dont like the angle of direction, you will need to repeat step-5 again but this time move bracket angle to the right side you want to make the direction effect ( takes thought on your part).
7-Once your happy with seats realitive direction, you can move on. Take a leveling stick and place across your chair from side to side. If you are level, your really lucky! Most likely your not, so you will need to cut blocks or make shimmys to level out the diffrence of leveling in your seat. Once level from left to right, place leveler from front to back. If your not happy with the angle that sits at, you can place shimmys under the brackets to help level this part out too.
8-Once you are all done leveling out, you will need to drill the holes for your bolts for the bucket seat bracket. (when drilling, be cautious of gas tank and lines under truck!) Take a marker visible in contrast to your flooring color and mark through the bracket holes to the floor, You will need to remove shimmy blocks to complete this, or you can leave in and first do the blocks then the floor. Once your done drilling the holes, reinstall the shimmy blocks and insert a bolt long enouh to go from top of bracket through the floorpan and enough to get a safe amount of nut threaded on. (for passenger side, note: The front bolt hole for the bucket seat bracket will be right above the catalitic converter heat sheild, so you can either remove and then reinstall, or drill massive holes thorough to get to the bolt and nut.)
Make sure that all your bolts are secure.
9-If you would like to keep the option of manualing moving your seats, you can rig a wire from stock bracket to bucket seat bracket, connecting the adjsuters to each other. This will allow you to move seats front and back. IF you have electric bucket seats, you might be out of luck if you cant think, cause I havent had to deal with those kinda seat yet.
10- Move on to the next seat, repeating each step the same way but changin everything to work for the passenger side.( example: instead of using left stock bracket, youll now use the right stock bracket on the right side of the bench seat.)
11-Once completely installed, sit in each chair and bounce around and move back and fourth. If you feel the seat moving, you need to tighten up your bolts or rivets on either the floor pan or the brackets or the tracks. If everything thing is stiff and doesnt move, and everything is very to your likeing, congrats, you just installed bucket seats!

Hope this helps.​

1 - 12 of 12 Posts