El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This show is coming up in a few weeks, November 5. I thought I started a thread earlier but don't see it. I am going a few days early to spend a day in town so I won't be running a caravan from the south this year.
This is a nice show at a car museum with about 150 cars. Last year Nathan won an award and we had a total of 8 Elkys including the locals and us out of towners.
Did anyone else plan to attend?

·
Deputy National Director
10,512 Posts
Trying to make it, not sure I will enter The event
Just be a spectator
My daughter & mom live there & will stay with mom for a few days to visit ?
Depends on my health

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
5,814 Posts
Jay and I will just be getting back from the S.E.M.A. Show in Las Vegas about that same time and it is too much and too far to attend this fun show . We had a real good time at this museum show and encourage others to attend . Great meeting others that share your love for the Caminos and other peoples` talents . While it is a show with awards , please keep in mind that it is not just for show cars . Daily drivers , works in progress and show cars are welcomed . No one needs a tricked out ride to join in the fun . This is a great opportunity for those members that live within driving distance of St. Augustine and like Chuck , Bill , Steve and others that are planning to attend , a little road trip is :cool:

·
5,814 Posts
Nov. 5 is the date for this fun and interesting museum show . The museum is big supporter of helping others through their charity work and hope your attendence will further their causes . I was hoping to be able to get a closer look at the 59 Camino they have to see how the door seals close onto the the door frame in the front and back as I am not clear what mine might be missing . One of the El Caminos that will be there belongs to a NECOA member that is also a member of the Antique Car Club of St. Augustine ; which , are helping to put on the show .

Reactions: CherokeeBodie

·
5,814 Posts
This is a good event to attend and if it is possible for you to go , do you really need to mow the lawn , go to Walmart or paint your roof that day :oops:

Reactions: CherokeeBodie

·
Deputy Regional Director, Region 6
2,386 Posts
I was hoping to go but it's not in the stars.
Had a little accident in the house yesterday and today I am stiff in all the wrong places.
I will be ok, nothing broken, just few scrapes and bruises
Getting old is tough chore. Mama told me there would be days like this, but she just didn't say there would be so many.

·
Senior Member - 2019 Exceptional Action Award
969 Posts
I was hoping to go but it's not in the stars.
Had a little accident in the house yesterday and today I am stiff in all the wrong places.
I will be ok, nothing broken, just few scrapes and bruises
Getting old is tough chore. Mama told me there would be days like this, but she just didn't say there would be so many.
And so close together ! Get better soon !

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I went and it was a bit disappointing. The paved lot was for pre-register cars and AACA Calendar cars wasn't filled. The grass area for the rest only had eight cars. I left early and went to my daughter's house to spend extra time with the grandkids.
But on the good side the Elky is running good and so far the trip has been fun. I got off the interstate in Daytona and took the Ormond Scenic loop to A1A and along the coast to St. Augustine. A day of sightseeing in St. Augustine Friday, to the beach in Flagler Beach today, then home Monday before the tropical storm comes here.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts