El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Deputy Regional Director, Region 13
5,582 Posts
the pictures are a little fuzzy so it's hard to say. from what I know of these wheels, the biggest concern is:
-size of the wheels
-condition of the center caps (dented, flaking chrome?)
-condition of the trim rings (curb burns, scratches, dings?)

also, how old are those tires? do they come with the wheels? that could add value

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Came off my rust free AZ. El Camino. No curb rash or cosmetic damage to the trim rings or center caps. Wheel width unknown but likely whatever they were new as I believe these are original wheels. Not selling the tires. Not looking for anything carved in stone here, just a approximate value.

·
Deputy Regional Director, Region 13
5,582 Posts
and you only have 2, right? not a set?

I'm not the right person to give you a value on those. what I can say is once you get that value you can try posting over on the California Craigslist to get more money. I've been looking for some specific parts for older Impalas and I can tell you that everything listed in California is tons more money than anywhere else in the country, even for the same condition.
The other important thing to know on those rims is the stamp codes. They will prove the age and size because some people want authentic rallys for their Corvette or Chevelle that they lost long ago. Re-pops aren't good enough for them. The standard rally back then, I believe, was 14x 6 (?), whereas the Corvettes had more like 15x8. I have a friend with a 69 Camaro that wants those 50 year old Corvette wheels, even though re-pops are available 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, I have 2 but I have two more that are 15” an I believe wider. I may sell those also Later on.
I put a set of Keystone Klassics wheels on the El Camino that I had on my 57 Corvette that is currently on Bring A Trailer auction with it’s original wheels and spinner wheel covers. Corvettes NEVER had 14” wheels always 15” from 1953 until they went larger diameter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts