El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the widest tire I can fit on this little rim.. I didnt think it was that small till I started shopping for tires.. I want atleast a 265 on rear. Anyone has info or has the knowledge to hand down to a Learning car junkie. ears open bowtie smile

·
Banned
5,787 Posts
you need to step up to a larger wheel, i have a set of monte ss wheels ill make you a sweet deal on they have b. f. goodrich 225-60-15 HR1 on them let me know thanks:beer:

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
I've got a set of corvette/camaro style ralleys, 15x8.

Fronts have really good tires on them 215/65-15.

No trim rings but have 6 derby caps.

If you search for "Ginger" you will find pics of what they look like.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Falken Tires ZIEX ZE-912 195/65R14 89H ..................

they make a 195 tire for 14 inch RIM!!:nanawrench:
ok but now the question is....... IISSS IT SAFE?:dontknow: anyone?:dontknow: back row? someone?

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Whats the widest tire I can fit on this little rim.. I didnt think it was that small till I started shopping for tires.. I want atleast a 265 on rear. Anyone has info or has the knowledge to hand down to a Learning car junkie. ears open bowtie smile
There is no way on gods green earth you should try to fit a 265 on a 6" rim, if there is even a 265 of any aspect ratio that is available in a 14" rim, its just too damned wide.

For example the largest 14 available on tirerack.com is a 245/60-14 BFG which is recommended for a 7 to 8.5" width rim a 225/70-14 is the largest recommended for a 6" rim

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
That 195/65 is a pretty skinny tire.

For any width you will need to step up to a wider wheel.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Jose,those rally wheels I sold you had P225/70R14 on them before the PO installed those tires on the mag wheels .Those tires are still on my 86 now.I have a slight problem backing up & cutting the wheels either left or right,they will rub on the inner fender wells.No big deal but I wouldn't go any bigger on the front.You did such a GREAT job painting those wheels I sure hope you use them on your 86 .Good Luck finding the biggest tires you can use on them.

·
Registered
929 Posts
I have the stock 14x6 wheels on my 86' tires are 225/70/R14. I am running that all around. Slight rubbing upfront on the inner plastic fender but that's no big deal. They are bf goodrich radial T/A's, much better in rain then my firestones which would spin all the time. They make for a good set of daily driver rims and tires, you can rotate them and there's enough sidewall that you don't need to worry about curb rash. Thanks to a softer rubber compound they ride great and hook good for a smaller tire.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Good decision ! If you want to make a run down the 1/4 mile you can always slip on some wider rims & tires on the rear just for racing & put your rallys back on for shows & everyday cruising.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts