El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got home from spending four days at the 16th Annual Midwest Chevelle Regional at St. Louis, Missouri. The feature car for this years show was the El Camino, there were 17 El Camino's on the show lot and 14 of them were entered for judging. I would like to send out a special thank you to Dan Smith, NECOA National Director, and Bill Waxler, Region 7 Director for coming up to Region 12 and offering all of their knowledge and advice at this event.
Congratulations to Brian Defonteny from Norman Oklahoma for winning the Region 12 NECOA "Best of Show" award for his restored 1966, a geat looking red Elky.
Would everyone please congratulate Dan Smith for winning the GateWay Area Chevelle Clubs "Presidents Award". The president of the hosting club for the event picked Dan's 1987 white ChooChoo SS as the one car at the show she would like to have. At the awards ceremony she wanted to trade the plaque for the keys to his ChooChoo, Great job Dan!
The only other NECOA member to have an Elky in the show was Frank Zemonek from Iowa in Region 11. Great to meet Frank and see his fine blue SS at the show. We had a great time and had the opportunity to meet some great people and see some beautiful Elky's at this show. We hope that everyone we spoke with will sign up and join the NECOA and attend the future events that we will have in Region 12.
Dan will post some of the great pictures he took at the show when he and Bill get back from there great adventure to Texas next week. Thanks to all who came to this show and stopped to talk with us we enjoyed it very much. :)

·
Registered
297 Posts
Just wanted to say thank you to Mike Steets and the other members that choose my 66 Elky as Best of Show in St.Louis. That was a very unexpected honor, given the quality of the many other ElCaminos in attendance. If you guys put together an all Elky show in the future, please count me in! Thanks again to all.
Brian deFonteny :)

·
NECOA Founder
844 Posts
Really beautiful Elky, Brian. Congrats on first in your class, Frank. Great show! I'll post pics soon. Many Thanks to Mike and Jan Streets for doing an excellent job of representing the NECOA/ECC at this show and to Bill Waxler, Region-7 Director, for bringing his body work and mechanical work expertise to help judge.
-dan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts