El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a used Alpine CDM-9821 for $30! I'm getting a 12" shallow mount sub box from my friend that I'll probably try to squeeze in the smuggle box. I'm just wondering about some good amps and the best way to set up mid range speakers. I found some round 6" midrange kickers for a decent price on amazon but can't seem to find a box for them. Anyone know if they actually sell boxes for them or would I have to make my own? I'd rather have the round ones so they wouldn't take up so much space behind my seats. So basically I'm asking...good but cheap amp? and mid range speakers that don't take up too much space? I'm just starting this sound system project and don't know too much about it yet. I'm just tired of listening to music with only the 3 1/2" speakers in the dash...Any advice would be great!

Thanks guys!
-Christian

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
Christian,Welcome from :texas:there are some members here,that have some very nice systems set up in there el camino's,if you look you may find some pictures of what or members have ,we like pictures here,so post a few as you go along with your project !

·
ZERO MPG
15,368 Posts
Take a look at my album for some ideas. Also here's a video if you want to change the dash speakers just click on the picture.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice set up! Those 6x9's actually fit pretty good in the back. Still room for a backpack or something. Thanks!

·
ZERO MPG
15,368 Posts
Nice set up! Those 6x9's actually fit pretty good in the back. Still room for a backpack or something. Thanks!
Doesn't take up any space at all so your not cutting holes .

·
Registered
134 Posts
I got 2 subs and found a cheap box custom built to fit in the back and just haven't had time to set it up. But when I bought it there were two 6x9s in seperate boxes behind the seats and a three incher on each door but both of those are blown. The 6x9s sound pretty good though. I guess bc it's a pretty small cab. I'm pretty excited about getting my other stuff set up to see how it sounds though

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got 2 subs and found a cheap box custom built to fit in the back and just haven't had time to set it up. But when I bought it there were two 6x9s in seperate boxes behind the seats and a three incher on each door but both of those are blown. The 6x9s sound pretty good though. I guess bc it's a pretty small cab. I'm pretty excited about getting my other stuff set up to see how it sounds though
Lemme know how it goes! I'm putting an alarm system on my car before I put anything else in haha

·
Registered
230 Posts
look in elcaminostore.com they have a speaker kit that is made to fit along rear window it has three speakers per side. page 36 or part# 01-5450 cool speaker housing only $117.99. Also in smugglers comp. on each side fold carpet back and 6x9's will fit great right there by seatbelts take very little ingenuity. Good Luke

1 - 8 of 8 Posts