El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Deputy Regional Director, Region 13
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sparkalators, lightning hoses, thundercan, 5psi oil pressure per 1k rpm for a sbc. Who knew there were so many technical terms for the engine parts? ooftah!

(but a lot of little nuggets of other stuff too)

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Love watching Vice Grip Garage. I actually met the guy a few months ago in Bradenton at the Freedom Factory, he's a super nice guy.
Regardless of what the bare minimum of oil pressure is acceptable I don't think I'd be able to deal with less than 20 psi at idle on an engine I was going to drive long term.

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
5,657 Posts
Cyber , Thanks for posting this really cool video . A friend sent it to me a week ago and have watched it a few times . It is informative and entertaining . I love his sense of humor . With my level of knowledge I would have put it on a roll back for shipment and I admire peoples mechanical talents and sense of adventure . Squag , you mentioned that you met him in Bradenton . Does he live in Florida ? Hope you get your nice ride going for the Hot Cars And Chili Show on Jan.29 in N. Palm Beach . Cyberray , thanks again ;)

Reactions: bisonzero

·
Premium Member
2,261 Posts
I think he lives in Tennessee and his wife actually liked this vehicle. I watched this video last week and he really struggled to complete this trip.

Rick

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Deputy Regional Director, Region 13
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well, the airport shows Nashville, but I was under the impression he lived in Minnesota. or maybe he used to and moved, I haven't watched any of his videos in a long time. but his accent reminds me of the movie 'Fargo'. you betcha, aye? 😁

but the thing that really gets me is, if you think about it, he's smart enough to go over these cars and then actually get them running good enough to drive home hundreds of miles. think about it, his comment of "any old sbc spark plug wires will work. if they don't have the '67 impala wires, then get the '72 chevy truck wires". I never really thought of it that way but it's true! his trick of checking the coil was a good one I've never seen someone else mention.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
He moved to Tennessee a few months ago I believe. He was participating in the 2.4 Hours of Lemullets that Cleetus Mcfarland puts on at his racetrack when I met him. He had that crazy Procharged big block Chevelle with him as well which was wild to see in person.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.