El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I have a '64 that I am installing a 283 with E street heads. I will have a quick ratio steering gear and want to change to a spin on filter using an adapter. The transmission will be a Tremac 5 speed with a hydraulic clutch. Brakes are changed to disc with a non power assisted master cylinder. I am having a hard time finding headers. Any recommendations. Cam will be a similar to L 79 hydraulic so headers probably no essential but would certainly help...Thanks.. Bob

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Maybe headers from the same era Chevelle or Chevelle station wagon. Or custom headers if possible.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Hooker lists 8 different part numbers. The 2451 is a 1 5/8" long tube header that would work best on a small motor and it comes painted or ceramic coated. Summit Racing should have them in stock. I am running the 2116 on a pumped 350 and they clear everything and don't bottom out on my lowered suspension. 2116 and 2451 are the same header just different tube size.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hooker lists 8 different part numbers. The 2451 is a 1 5/8" long tube header that would work best on a small motor and it comes painted or ceramic coated. Summit Racing should have them in stock. I am running the 2116 on a pumped 350 and they clear everything and don't bottom out on my lowered suspension. 2116 and 2451 are the same header just different tube size.
Are you running a power steering gear? My three areas of concern were power steering, the oil filter conversion and motor mounts. I am thinking about moving to shorties to try and mitigate issues.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Are you running a power steering gear? My three areas of concern were power steering, the oil filter conversion and motor mounts. I am thinking about moving to shorties to try and mitigate issues.
Yes I am running power steering and the oil filter will not be a problem. GM has a tall and short filter for the SBC so clearance is not a issue. What issues are you trying to address with the mounts?

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts