El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all

I have a 1965 el camino and am in process of installing the Heater, I have the original heater/exchange (interior piece) but do not have the heater box cover (firewall size) the piece in the engine compartment was out before I got the car, and I need a new one..I got a non-air unit from a 1967 from a friend who changed his to /C but it does not look right, it will not fir under the passenger side fender and wheel well, called a restoration parts place for elky's and they told me its the same part even though it doesn't look like it fits, I was planning to moving the wheel well out of the way and trying to if it will fit.? if not... does anyone know if they are the same, has anyone installed these before, should I post pictures, don't know if this is the right forum or part for this issue but I figured at least it would get read here.. thanks and I appreciate any help.

regards. ardalan:smileyb:

·
Deputy Director Site Contributor
1,452 Posts
Ardalan,
You might want to get in touch with So Cal Eky, he has a 65 also and just installed a vintage air, or something like that. He may have the old heater box that you want???

Big Al 327

·
368 Posts
Yep, I have what you are looking for out of my '65.
It's in Encinitas (near San Diego)
PM sent.

Greetings all

I have a 1965 el camino and am in process of installing the Heater, I have the original heater/exchange (interior piece) but do not have the heater box cover (firewall size) the piece in the engine compartment was out before I got the car, and I need a new one..I got a non-air unit from a 1967 from a friend who changed his to /C but it does not look right, it will not fir under the passenger side fender and wheel well, called a restoration parts place for elky's and they told me its the same part even though it doesn't look like it fits, I was planning to moving the wheel well out of the way and trying to if it will fit.? if not... does anyone know if they are the same, has anyone installed these before, should I post pictures, don't know if this is the right forum or part for this issue but I figured at least it would get read here.. thanks and I appreciate any help.

regards. ardalan:smileyb:
Ardalan,
You might want to get in touch with So Cal Eky, he has a 65 also and just installed a vintage air, or something like that. He may have the old heater box that you want???

Big Al 327

1 - 3 of 3 Posts