El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 67 that was a t350 auto on the column shift...but now has a th400. When i bought the car as a roller...a new shiftless column had been installed and a b&m cable shifter had been put in. It has bucket seats and i want to go back to a stock shifter and center console. I am finding different versions of the 67 style shifter. I have attached 2 pics showing the diff shifters. I think the one is for a tall trans hump? The other one with the longer bracket and the pivot arm i think would be the one i would need...but i dont know if a th400 shifter linkage is in the same spot as a t350? I am hoping someone on here can shed some light on the subject. Thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,799 Posts
shifter pivot location on the transmission is the same.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
shifter pivot location on the transmission is the same.
Thanks for confirming that. I assume the shifter on the left with the longer mounting plate would be the style i would need? Does anyone know if there are different versions of this shifter for like a chevelle, impala, nova, el camino? Just want to make sure i dont buy one that wont work.

·
Past Director Region 13, Senior Member
2,731 Posts
Talk to Herb at Shiftworks. They can help you. They are good to work with and I can vouch for their products. I put a 700R4 in my 83 and I went through three "auto parts" cables before talked to Herb and got one of theirs. It's lasted 6 years and 30K miles. I also used their cable and brackets for the 4L60 in my 65. Their number is 585-924-2700. Chevelle, Malibu, Monte Carlo, & El Camino Products

Reactions: Old Bear

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Talk to Herb at Shiftworks. They can help you. They are good to work with and I can vouch for their products. I put a 700R4 in my 83 and I went through three "auto parts" cables before talked to Herb and got one of theirs. It's lasted 6 years and 30K miles. I also used their cable and brackets for the 4L60 in my 65. Their number is 585-924-2700. Chevelle, Malibu, Monte Carlo, & El Camino Products
Gotcha...thanks for the tip. I already have a B&M Shifter with a cable that works fine. I am trying to get back to a stock center console with a linkage setup.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts