El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a LM7 5.3 pair up with a TH350
I need opinions on oil pans, Im not looking to spend $350 for an oil pan when the damn motor cost $500.
So please give me some info on budget solutions.
I understand Holley pans are solve all problems but is there anything else out there?

Rick gave me some info about power steering pump pulleys from an S10, any idea on what year needs to be pulled off?

Im also running these mounts.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,344 Posts
I can get you the ps pump pulley GM part number later today after work. That will make your search easier.

Rick

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
791 Posts
I used the GM kit. Solved every issue and created one, it hangs a bit below the cross member. Other than that the pan comes with a new dipstick,tube, windage tray, the nuts for it, a gasket, new pan bolts, an oil-pickup, and O-ring for the pump to pickup tube. Nothing else to buy except for a new oil filter. I will say this, I believe the truck pan that is on your motor would have cleared the cross member in my car since I had to move the motor all the way back (PS problem you already know) but cannot confirm that. I have heard of others that the truck pan cleared but very tight. The round coil packs will give better clearance at the A/C box (not sure on a 69 though) . Might be worth a test fit, I didn't try but after the fact wish I had!

Joe

·
Premium Member
1,344 Posts
Hello,

Its GM pn 12607307 for the S10 power steering pump pulley. Its available on Ebay and the larger Internet with a search by that part number.

Rick

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You got a good deal on the engine. Don’t cheap out on oil pan or you’ll spend double doing it again
I can find $500 LM7s all day here in Texas, So doesnt make sense to spend $350 on a Holley Oil Pan when the motor cost $500. I did find an alternate pan made by TSP on ebay for $269 Shipped to door , not trying to bad mouth Holley but lets be real about the cost.

Heres the link

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello,

Its GM pn 12607307 for the S10 power steering pump pulley. Its available on Ebay and the larger Internet with a search by that part number.

Rick

Badass Rick,

that was quick thank you, SO question about the belt, which one do I use know since the diameter of the pulley is smaller

·
Premium Member
1,344 Posts
Depends on what you pick for a water pump. I kept the truck LM7 water pump and the new serpentine belt part number = NAPA Micro-V 25-060915. Outside circumference = 92.25 inches, top width = 0.84 inches, belt depth = 0.17 inches. Ribs = 6. This is also equivalent to a Gates K060915 belt.

Fits perfectly.

Rick

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I used the GM kit. Solved every issue and created one, it hangs a bit below the cross member. Other than that the pan comes with a new dipstick,tube, windage tray, the nuts for it, a gasket, new pan bolts, an oil-pickup, and O-ring for the pump to pickup tube. Nothing else to buy except for a new oil filter. I will say this, I believe the truck pan that is on your motor would have cleared the cross member in my car since I had to move the motor all the way back (PS problem you already know) but cannot confirm that. I have heard of others that the truck pan cleared but very tight. The round coil packs will give better clearance at the A/C box (not sure on a 69 though) . Might be worth a test fit, I didn't try but after the fact wish I had!

Joe
Hey Joe,
I put the motor in the first mount position which was all the way back and yes the damn power steering pump pulley hit the gear box,

Rick suggested the S10 pulley which is alot smaller so Im gonna try that route,

I did remove the entire accessory bracket and the damn engine still didnt want to sit right, the stock gm truck pan hits on the cross member, Im gonna try moving the engine forward one setting on my mounts and see what happens.

Ill keep ya posted,

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Depends on what you pick for a water pump. I kept the truck LM7 water pump and the new serpentine belt part number = NAPA Micro-V 25-060915. Outside circumference = 92.25 inches, top width = 0.84 inches, belt depth = 0.17 inches. Ribs = 6. This is also equivalent to a Gates K060915 belt.

Fits perfectly.

Rick
Ok great,
I plan on keeping the stock LM7 water pump set up

Thanks

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok great,
I plan on keeping the stock LM7 water pump set up

Thanks
Ok Rick so just a quick recap, If I replaced the old pulley with the new S10 I can keep the original accessory bracket with alternator and power steering pump with the new serpentine belt and itll clear the steering box?

·
Premium Member
1,344 Posts
Yes, to all. The truck intake also fits under a cowl induction hood. And your low mounted passenger side AC compressor should also miss the passenger side frame rail. My air conditioning compressor is AC Delco “Denso” part number 471-9186 and hopefully yours is similar. But you will need the following inexpensive compressor hose adapter:

Rick

·
Premium Member
791 Posts
Yes, to all. The truck intake also fits under a cowl induction hood. And your low mounted passenger side AC compressor should also miss the passenger side frame rail. My air conditioning compressor is AC Delco “Denso” part number 471-9186 and hopefully yours is similar. But you will need the following inexpensive compressor hose adapter:

Rick
Mine came out so tight that I carved a notch in the pulley to get the belt on! Everything else clears good! My car is a later model G-Body though and Rick will be a better source for your year model. I do think however, that these cars changed a lot in body but not much in engine compartment dimensions!

Joe

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Rick
thanks Rick, all of this was super helpful and just saved me a ton of money.
Ordering the pulley and belt tonight

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mine came out so tight that I carved a notch in the pulley to get the belt on! Everything else clears good! My car is a later model G-Body though and Rick will be a better source for your year model. I do think however, that these cars changed a lot in body but not much in engine compartment dimensions!

Joe
Thanks Joe all the info is much appreciated

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

So any one have input on engine placement when using the th350.
Haven't bolted the transmission up yet to the motor , just test fitting the engine, right now its on the first mounting location which pushes the engine to the back. Im gonna try the next location which moves it forward but the question lays on how it will affect the transmission location.
anybody haves thoughts or experiences let me know
thanks

1 - 20 of 70 Posts