El Camino Central Forum banner

21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
So guys I dropped the 5.3 in for a test fit and used the stock truck oil pan. It fit, it is tight and about 5 inches from the ground due to me putting in 3in lowering springs in the front and 6in lowering springs in the back but..... it fits

The mounts I used needed a little persuading but its in

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Gonna mount the th350 up this weekend and stab her in.

Will post pics and any issues if they arise, I also laid out the harness and getting ready to attempt to removed the transmission wires from the harness.

·
Premium Member
791 Posts
Gonna mount the th350 up this weekend and stab her in.

Will post pics and any issues if they arise, I also laid out the harness and getting ready to attempt to removed the transmission wires from the harness.
Looks like it's goin good so far! Nice job and you have the good coils! Like I said the stock pan can clear but tight. The GM kit will hang even lower but clear the cross-member better, since you mentioned lowering I would rule out that one! The T350 will set back along with the motor and probably need the driveshaft shortened a bit, but shortening is way cheaper than lengthening! Do you have the flexplate spacer for the trans? If not you will make it about a block before your trans pump blows.

Joe

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
All right guys so I had to change a couple things up.
1, the MSD wires looked nice but didnt fit with the style headers I am running. So i SOLD THEM AND BOUGHT some Taylor 180' degree boot wires off Amazon for $70 and they are badass. I got some $15 fiberglass covers to go with it and they look Amazing.
Also lowered the front end by cutting 2 coils off the new springs to lower. The frame at the rear is sitting 8inches from the ground. The front is sitting just at 7 3/4". I went an bought the TSP low profile oil pan on ebay for $270 shipped. Itll make the pan sit 7 1/2 inches from the ground which is completely fine with me since I was able to lower the car so much. Im freaking excited about the way it looks. Also picked up a hell of a deal this past weekend on a bullet proof TH350 with a B&M holeshot 3000rpm stall converter.

More progress to come this weekend.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I can get you the ps pump pulley GM part number later today after work. That will make your search easier.

Rick

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Hey Rick , I ordered the pulley you referred me to and installed it. I have an issue. The size did the trick, it missed the steering box, but the drive line of the serpentine belt of the pulley is way off. almost a 1" and i pressed the pulley all the way on and its still out of the belt path. Did you relocated the pump further back towards the block. did you run into this issue.

·
Premium Member
1,344 Posts
Hello Gary,

No, I did not have that problem. Mine lines up perfectly. Can you post a picture, please?

Are you running a truck pump on a truck bracket?

Rick

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Hey Rick , I ordered the pulley you referred me to and installed it. I have an issue. The size did the trick, it missed the steering box, but the drive line of the serpentine belt of the pulley is way off. almost a 1" and i pressed the pulley all the way on and its still out of the belt path. Did you relocated the pump further back towards the block. did you run into this issue.
pulley.jpg

Hello Gary,

No, I did not have that problem. Mine lines up perfectly. Can you post a picture, please?

Are you running a truck pump on a truck bracket?

Rick

21 - 40 of 70 Posts