El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This picture below has all the details for the "SS" and "396" badges, but I'm not understanding how they decipher where the "El Camino" is supposed to go? What am I overlooking on this page?

·
Venerated Member
501 Posts
el Camino location

Your diagram shows it...but they use the pins on the back of the emblem as the locators for the dims. Guess you'd need an emblem in hand to grasp it...:beer:

Chris

·
Venerated Member
501 Posts
On second look...Never mind :poke: There might be another diagram somewhere? Cuz you're right...there are no dims shown for the nameplate or it's locating pins..

Chris

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On second look...Never mind :poke: There might be another diagram somewhere? Cuz you're right...there are no dims shown for the nameplate or it's locating pins..

Chris
Lol. Read your first response only, and proceeded to scratch head for another 20 mins after grabbing the nameplate. THEN... scrolled down to second reply to see my first thoughts were confirmed.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Since the 'El Camino' emblems are production parts so that they would be on all 1970 El Caminos, I guess they didn't see a need to list the dimensions. The other elblems such as SS, 396, etc. would be added later creating the need for the mounting dimesnsions since the non-SS models obviously wouldn't need them. Did you have the holes filled on your vehicle? If so, wouldn't they still show on the iside of the fender?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts