El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys - I am having trouble with my brake lights on my 70. My brake lights had been working fine until I tried to use my emergency flashers. They flashed about 5 times them would not work anymore. My tail lights and signals work fine. I checked the fuse, looked good but switched it out for a new one for good measure. I replaced the flasher on the fuse box and now the flashers work fine. The signals and taillights still work good but still no brake lights. I checked the brake switch and it has 12 v on one post and nothing on the other with the brake not depressed and when the brake is depressed. Should'nt there be 12 v on both sides when the brake is depressed. This is my next thought that it must be this switch. The signals both work with the brake pedal is depressed and the flashers continue to go when the brake pedal is down. (I seem to think that flashers used to stop when brake was depressed??) The left turn signal does not seem to be as bright as the right but it works.
Any thoughts or ideas? Am I on the right track thinking it must be the brake pedal switch???
Thanks - any input is appreciated as I would like to take it to the best show of the year in Radium BC on the w/end :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick reply - they work now!:nanawrench:
I jumpered the wires and behold there was light. Then I thought - maybe the switch is just threaded in too far. I turned it back 2 full turns and now they work like they should. 8)
Not sure how the flasher problem and this problem went together?? I have been driving it lots this summer so maybe the two just appeared to occur simultaneously??
No matter - Now I can go to the show on Sat.:bigups:
Thanks again guys - you're the BEST!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts