El Camino Central Forum banner

1970 El Camino 350 Daily Driver Project - Lots of modern Modz

57K views 495 replies 24 participants last post by  Old Bear 
after thinking about it, you might need different mounts. By shimming 5/8 under the Mounts you are changing the engine bed just a little. New angle mounts might put the mounts higher with the same measurements between them at the big bolt.
Tom

Scott, 10.5 volts is not enough. with that alternator you should be running over 13.5 all the time. I don’t care what you switch on. What is the voltage at the alternator? Could be small wire voltage drop. I know the frustration but we always get it right in the end.
Tom

Scott, As B52 said please check at the alternator with a good volt ohm meter before going farther. Check at battery also With motor running nothing on. If voltage is good turn on stuff and check again. On my setup you need voltage on the small wire to make the alternator work. You only have voltage on the small wire when key is on.
Tom

sd, make sure the tabs you are plugging the fuse into are tight. They could have heated up and lost there spring. Sometimes they will turn blue when heated causing a loose connection.
Tom

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.