El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm on the fence whether or not to keep the buckets that I installed. I'm trying to figure out what seat configuration came from factory on this car to guide my decision. The original configuration is probably the way that I would go. The story goes like this:

My dad bought the car with no motor in it, and it had buckets from some other unknown donor car. He put in a bench from an Impala or something and tossed the buckets. I came along and assumed that it came with buckets so I bought a pair and threw out the headrests. When I installed the buckets, I noticed that there was nowhere to mount the inner tracks. So I drilled some holes in the floor and figured there were braces that I needed to buy for a proper install.

So I ask: Does this sound like a bench car? I never found the build sheet for it, checked the headliner years ago. There were no signs that anything was welded to the floor for the inner tracks. There are shoulder straps hanging, but I'm not sure if I have the floor straps that connect to them somewhere in a box.

Also, if it was a bench, should it have headrests? I seem to remember El Caminos not having headrests for the buckets, don't know it bench is the same.

Thanks for reading!
Tom

Driver side inner:

Passenger inner:

For scale:

·
Registered
970 Posts
Show us a picture of the cowl (trim) tag. It will say for sure. I think all cars built after January 1, 1968 were required to have headrests or tall backs on front seats (and shoulder belts for all but convertibles), no matter what configuration it was, as part of a big federal safety act. It covered side markers, dash padding, knob materials, steering columns, etc. Don’t throw those buckets away-cores are getting harder to find! (The pattern looks like ‘70 Buick Skylark and GS).
Patrick

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had decoded this years ago and thought I had a digital copy...something else in a box somewhere...

ST70 13680 B224041BDY
TR 755 28 BPNT
05B B L0380

Thanks!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Model Year: 1970 (70)
Division Series: El Camino Custom (13680)
Fisher Body # B224041 (B224041)
Interior Trim: Bench, Black Coated Fabric (755)
Body Paint: Fathom Blue (28)
Time Built: Second week of May (05B)
Plant: Baltimore (B)
L0380 ????

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
If you can get anywhere close to northwest Louisiana, you can have the bench out of my 70 EC. Free, free free, Free. FREE, FREE.

It's like sitting on a concrete slab and it'll need new seat tracks because mine are too rusty and damaged for reuse. It's yours for the taking.

Rick

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts