El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Thinking of selling my 1971 GMC Sprint.(1 of 1030!)
BIG BLOCK AUTO A/C 12 BOLT NUMBERS MATCHING UNRESTORED...
and needs it! (1 of ???) What is a fair price, what is the best way to
market this?
Needs restoration leaves a pretty big question mark on it. Does it run good? much rust? is the interior complete? What kind of restoration does it need?

I have seen big block 68-72 elcaminos' go for anywhere between $3k and $12k for unrestored cars... While Sprints are pretty rare, there is not a huge demand of people looking for them- so it will probably fall somewhere in that range... Your best bet would be to look at other adds for elcaminos http://www.collectorcartraderoneline.com and see what ones in similar condition are selling for. You might also want to market it as both a GMC Sprint AND a Chevy Elcamino- maybe an elcamino owner who knows what it really is might spot it easier then and come for it!

Anyway... Post back with some more details and i'll see if it can narrow it down a bit. :)[/quote]

·
Registered
1 Posts
What I paid...

My '71 was running, although tired, when I got it. Body wasn't bad, but it needed paint and some TLC before I felt okay driving it. It's not # matching, so it won't ever be in a show against original cars (won't be in any shows, 'cause I'm too busy driving it!). It had a 402/TH350, now has 454/TH350.

I paid $2,750 two years ago...

·
Registered
281 Posts
Selling Sprint?

Hi mike,

I bought my 71 Sprint from my cousin about 3 years ago and I paid 4800 for it. And I would say it's about 95% restored, I always get compliments on my ride and as of this moment I woudn't sell for $10,000. It was orginally
painted placer Gold it's now a nice,fast Red color. If I were you I would hold on to it because it will be a collectors item and then you would be kicking yourself for getting rid of it. Just my 2 cents worth. :wink:

Brian

1 - 5 of 5 Posts