El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My time is limited with a 14 year old who plays baseball what seems like nearly year round and football. So some days I just find some things I can work on that take minimal time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is what I started last week. Complete rebuild of the front end. Bought all Moog parts. Haven’t decided what I’m going to do on springs and shocks. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, I’d love to hear them. I have cleaned up the frame a little. Got new bushings in, one ball joint pressed in, sand blasted, and painted the upper and lower control arms on the passenger side.
and painted the upper and lower control arms of the passenger side.

·
Premium Member
1,171 Posts
Good work and I like your work ethic. You will be surprised how effective you can be on your restoration with those 15, 20, and thirty minute slices of time. They really do add up if you can promise yourself to do something with your EC every day.

Rick

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good work and I like your work ethic. You will be surprised how effective you can be on your restoration with those 15, 20, and thirty minute slices of time. They really do add up if you can promise yourself to do something with your EC every day.

Rick
Yeah it is amazing what you can get done in in short periods of time if you are committed.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I once switched upper control arms from side to side to see the affect 10 degrees of positive caster would have. I was amazed at how well it worked.. I didn't keep it like that though. The ball joints were old and I didn't trust them..

If I was putting together a new suspension, I would put it all together without the springs to see how everything moved. If it was good, I would also elongate the holes in the control arm shaft so I could slide the uppers forward to take some of the positive caster out.. This way you could have the control arms swinging perfectly square like the new cars do...

·
Registered
144 Posts
Yours looks like my '70 when i got it. First thing I changed was the complete wiring harness along with new grounds. Take your time document it all. This forum is great for answering questions.Best of luck.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I would use Marks one inch drop springs and his adjustable SPC upper control arms with the .9 tall ball joint. Make sure you get the heavy duty adjusters with the flats and the Delrin bushings..

Then call Lee suspension and get there new Saginaw three bolt 800 Series 14:1 box with a 30 pound valve. You'll love it!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts