El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 72 gmc sprint there is the regular fuel line coming out of the sending unit but on the upper corners of the tank are seperate fuel lines going to a black box mounted on the box rail about the tank that has a line going to the charcoal cannister , all replacement tanks do not have the black box and no other el camino that I have seen has this set up . Has anyone seen the same set up or have knowledge what the black box may be ? I would think it is a filter of some form .

·
Master Wrench
1,592 Posts
not sure, ill crawl under mine tomorrow to see if i can find anything similar, 70 and 72 are both 3rd gens so theres a good chance they have the same set up. can you get a pic of it?

·
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have it all bolted back up , so pictures aren't possible , if your sending unit has two fuel lines coming from it then you have the other style with no black box. The one i have has two lines,one at each front corner for venting and only one line emerging from the sending unit for fuel pick up. I am trying to figure if it is a gmc thing or if its a calfornia emissions thing. I have had other 3 gen elkys and chevelles and do not recall seeing this set up before.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts