El Camino Central Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I was asked about the before pics of the 72 Elky interior so here are a few of the before/during the restoration:
Brown Train Motor vehicle Wheel Automotive tire
:

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
I was asked about the before pics of the 72 Elky interior so here are a few of the before/during the restoration:
View attachment 146308 :
Thank you for all your help on the door panel situation. I would have messed something up for sure if it wasnt for you. If you ever need any help or advice on the horn, back-up lights, upper control arms bushings and ball joints, let me know. I can now lock my truck. Thanks again for all the input!!!

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,799 Posts
Great job. You should be proud!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Hey thanks for the compliment...

The interiors came from a company called stock interiors.com I believe it's the best out there.

Install is relatively easy except for trimming. The carpet comes molded specifically for your car so you have to trim it in under the sill plates. This is the fussiest part as you do not want to cut too short. I recommend putting a piece of bright tape down the middle where the sill screw holes are so as you're trimming little by little you'll start to see the tape which will tell you that's as far as you go.

You do not want to rush putting them in since one bad cut could spoil the carpet.

Hope this helps and have fun!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts