El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I will soon be in possession of my father's old 1973 El Camino estate. It is essentially stock except for a shift kit and a custom dual exhaust. Mercifully, the wood paneling was terminated with extreme prejudice soon after my father acquired the car. It is cherry red. It will be mine as soon as i get a job to support the cost of restoration following college.

I have been searching for specific information about the estate model compared with other trims available. All that I have found so far is that it was equipped with vinyl imitation wood paneling. Apart from that all i know is what i have noticed from cursory inspection (350 v8 and 2 barrel carb). Does anyone know where I could find more in depth information about the specifications of the Estate trim?

Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
Jethro,
Welcome to ECC
In 1973 the Standard and Custom models were joined by an "Estate" model which featured simulated woodgrain siding. The SS model continued, but became more and more just a trim option. The GMC Sprint continued in production with the Standard, Custom, and "High Sierra" models. The GMC Sprint High Sierra was basically equivalent to the El Camino Estate.​
NADA GUIDE for 73 Estate↓
http://www.nadaguides.com/default.a...1973&m=1035&d=321&c=10&o=382~386~387&vi=89482

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
Yeah, I think they were trying to catch the Surfer's eye with it in S. Cal.:poke:
But Jan & Dean said NO!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the info guys!

I didn't expect there to be any difference but i didn't know. I didn't think to check the NADA guide either. I can't wait until I can start working on her. She's already in pretty damn good condition though.

I'll try to upload some pictures asap. And sorry El Diablo, there's no wood left on the woodie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts