El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is spencer I own a 1974 elco and my doors are pretty screwed up, neither of my windows work the weather stripping is gone from Both side the pass door lock does not work . I'm looking for practically cherry doors any body have them for sale please contact me at [email protected] thank you very much

·
Registered
532 Posts
Fourth gen doors are pretty hard to find, however all the "guts" except for the windows can come from any 73-77 a body such as cutlass,monte,chevelle ect. my 77 doors were pretty much screwed when i got it,(rusted and structurally cracked i rebuilt them by taking the skins and glass from my doors and putting on 77 cutlass doors, everything works and looks as it should. not as easy as just bolting on a new door, but another solution GL

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
pay the freight (100-125.00 per door)and i will sell you a rust free set for 225.00:dontknow:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Found a 4th Gen that's been abandoned behind a shed behind a house that's been abandoned since 1996, and its right down the road from my house. The neighbors next to it said they filed a "blight" complaint last year with the township and were told they are welcome to clear it up at their expense...dude told me to take whatever I want...this week ill be ending up with that Guy and a few other cars.

I need the drivers door and left fender off it. Basically the front clip, roof, and doors are fine. The quarters are all but GONE, and the rear bumper and tailgate is smoked. If you want the right hand door, you're welcome to it if you can pick it up or pay freight. Lots of good parts on it I don't need, and I'd rather help a forum fella out than try to make a Buck.

Figure Ill get my money's worth on the door, fender, and the one rally wheel center cap I'm missing. Let me know.

73 El Camino - restoration in progress
Southeast Michigan

·
Registered
36 Posts
In fact, any parts that I don't need that aren't too hard to get off, the forum folks are welcome to for just freight.

Southeast Michigan

·
Registered
497 Posts
In fact, any parts that I don't need that aren't too hard to get off, the forum folks are welcome to for just freight.

Southeast Michigan
let me know about the rear window trim, upper rear interior pillar trim, the clips that hold the rear interior trim, and bed molding clips.

·
Registered
36 Posts
No problem. Interior pieces will be fine. Don't know about the rear window exterior trim or bedrail clips...like I said the rear half of the car is rotted out and there's some crappy homemade wood topper on it. Once I get the car to my house, ill pull the topper off and see what's there.

Southeast Michigan

·
Registered
36 Posts
Unfortunately the outer belt moldings are toast. In a few days my dad is going to make a restoration quality set relatively easily. Ill post a guide once I see if his idea actually works. My passenger one is fine but the driver one is ****. If it works, you're welcome to my passenger one

Southeast Michigan

·
Registered
497 Posts
No problem. Interior pieces will be fine. Don't know about the rear window exterior trim or bedrail clips...like I said the rear half of the car is rotted out and there's some crappy homemade wood topper on it. Once I get the car to my house, ill pull the topper off and see what's there.

Southeast Michigan
any word on any of these parts?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts