El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I reciently purchased a 1975 El Camino Laguna. It is missing the Lower Body Trim. I havee not been able to locate a supplier for these parts. Does anyone have a source for these parts? Any help is appreaciated.

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,539 Posts
To my knowledge, there are no (or very few) reproduction trim parts for 4th gen Elkies. I've owned 3 in the past, and while I have not had a 4th gen for about 5 years, I don't think the situation has got any better. However, finding the trim you need on a parts car/junkyard, etc. is still a possibility. I still have some 4th gen side trim. So, let me know what you need specifically, (rocker trim, 2 tone paint scheme trim??) and I may be able to help you out.

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
trim

Glenn is right, no reproduction trim for 4th gens. Often times some can be found on ebay not cheap, or like Glenn said , junk yards are not out of the question. Remember some of the trim is stainless and some aluminum (rocker trim for example). It is possible to restore damaged trim, just not cheap. Restored aluminum will also need to be coated with clear or something to prevent deterioration. Stainless can be made to look like new, for a price. Post your requirements on the site, someone (like Glenn) might have some or all.
Good luck, post pics.
bill

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply. I am in need od the rocker trim. I believe there ate three pieces per side. I have seen the body clips for sale new on ebay.:smileyb:

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,539 Posts
I'll check and see if I have any left. Unfortuantely, I'm not too optimistic that I still have the rocker trim, but I'll look. And yes, it's 3 pieces per side. Should be able to let you know in a few days. If I don't, give me a gentle reminder!:poke:

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,539 Posts
Will do. Doing some shop cleaning this weekend, so I'll keep you posted.

·
Banned
5,787 Posts
there is a compllete 77 elky 20 miles from my house what do you need exactly???:dontknow:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Im a newby, but is the rocker trim the 3 peices along the bottom between wheel wells? If so, I could use the back piece on each side for a 74, if extras. I think you are going to look for some other pieces for me when you are there. Thanks a lot. :texas:

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,539 Posts
rpala, you're exactly right.

jds, I haven't forgotten you, I just haven't worked my way around to that part of the shop yet. Doing a major cleanout and reworking of my shop. I'm taking everything out one side at a time and going back with new pegboard, insulation, and wiring. And now I have to do a brake job on my Silverado pickup, so I'm a little off schedule.

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
OK, now I'm gonna show my ignorance (I have quite a bit about these vehicles). Just whut da heck is a Laguna???? :dontknow:

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,539 Posts
Bruce,

Laguna was an optional plastic nose that you could get on the 4th gen Elkies. It's the same nose that came from the same platform Laguna S3 (used to be the Chevelle). I used to think that it was just something that was put on aftermarket for the Elkies, until someone came along with a build sheet and educated me otherwise.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts