El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Can somebody, please help me?

I need to find someone reputable to get a set of rear brakes for my El Camino. I'm in Australia and can't find a source I trust, so reaching out direct to the US.

It's a stock 10 bolt rear end with drums and I'm pretty sure I just want to replace them (though if anyone reckons a good, bolt on disc upgrade would work...).

Drums are worn too thin to machine.

Appreciate it, thanks!

·
Director Region 19 Owner of the KLRMino
1,477 Posts
If you want to convert to disc

Just Right Detailing has an affordable kit, that was no problem installing on mine

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If anyone can help with part numbers, etc too, that'd help tons. Saves me having to bite down on my bottom lip as I wait for the wrong parts to arrive....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi hows it goin Im an Aussie from the Sunny Coast Queensland and found Empowered Auto Parts at Brisbane and they sell RDA (Rotors Disks Australia) brake parts and Ebc pads and after trying several different brands of front rotors on my VY SS wagon that would last approximately 12 months and then warp I found RDA and never touched them again and when I needed rotors for my 70 SS El Camino they had drilled and slotted ones on the shelf and have rear drums and pads as well. I cooked a rotor that was close to catching fire due to a sticky caliper and that rotor is as good as the day I put it on now here's the icing on the cake there prices are the best around my d/s rotors and pads come as a package was less than $400 and I just got an email saying they're having a sale they have an Ebay store but have a better deal with free shipping if you buy off their website. Here's there numbers (07) 30406808 / Kevin 0413622996. I can't recommend them highly enough so give them a call you'll glad you did cause you don't want to import anything with the exchange rate so bad for us now. Cheers Brad

1 - 6 of 6 Posts