El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I just broke my trans-shift cable, I figured now is as good as any time to fix little things here & there on the Elky.

She's not the cream of the crop and I'm thinking a 'kid' owned her in the past so I know my work is cut out for me.

· Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Day One:
The Charging system....

The 'rats nest' I pulled out:

The old alternator 'harness:

Old and New Battery Cables:

And the final product:

· Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Day Two:
Headlight Wiring

Here's what the wiring looked like when I removed the wire conduit that was in...
(Yes that is speaker wire)

Finished Product:

· Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Days 3 & 4
Front Suspension

New Front Springs and Shocks:

Old vs New Front Springs:

Other Upgrades done at the same time were: Front brake pads & rotors, sway bar end links, tie-rod ends, ball joints, & full alignment.

· Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Swapped wheels over to some old dusty steely's I cleaned & repainted, bought two more matching beauty rings, & found a dirt road... Here's the result:

Old rims:

'New' cleaned & painted:

The resulting photo shoot:

· Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Even though I am restoring my Elky there are some modifications to the body I have planned (roll pans, custom tail lights, etc..)

Since the entire front clip is from another Elky (maroon paint under the white) I decided to not keep the hood 'stock'.

So, I cut along the outer bodylines:

Used the edges of an old BMW hood:

And tacked in the 'fins':

Front View:

From behind the wheel:

I'm in the process of body filling and priming for the final paint, so those photos will come in another post when it's done.

· Premium Member
12,603 Posts
{Here's what the wiring looked like when I removed the wire conduit that was in...
(Yes that is speaker wire)}

Did that well them hear better around corners or on foggy nights!!!:poke:
That hood is wild looking, I can't wait to see what it looks like when your done!!:beer:
Donny

· Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
{Here's what the wiring looked like when I removed the wire conduit that was in...
(Yes that is speaker wire)}

Did that well them hear better around corners or on foggy nights!!!:poke:

Donny
The previous owner had done some 'upgrading' to his standards before I had purchased the Elky. Rest assured, the only speaker wire that is now in the truck is that which is connected to actual speakers. ;-)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.