El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new here. I just got a 1979 El Camino with a 350/auto with 44,000 miles on it. The PO took all the emissions stuff off and I have most of it. I'm in CO so you have to pass the visual on emissions so I want to put it back on. I have an Edelbrock 3701 repl. intake and a Edelbrock 1400 carb to swap in. I have the air pump, both valves with tubing for the exh manifolds, the canister, EGR, etc. I have some questions.

First, is there supposed to be 2 tvs valves in the water outlet or 1? According to the schematics I have seen it appears to be 1. I don't have the original water neck so I don't know (1 for the EFE, or 2 EFE and distributor). The hole is there for the EGR/tvs. Any part numbers for the TVS?

Second, according to the emissions routing pics there are 5 vaccum ports on the Quadrajet but only 4 on the 1400 carb. Any advice on the routing? It looks like cannister, dist, egr, efe, pcv on the QJ. My efe is series "a" according to the book if that helps.

I'm off the next 2 weeks so this is my project. Any and all help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Tony.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Only one TVS on my 79 Pick-up when new
Carb to TVS to EGR----EGR should only work when the engine is warmed up

Also---my Fuel vapor cannister was tied into my PVC from the factory as well.
Even with a couple of engine changes, the canisters are both still there.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. I'm in Boulder County so we have emissions. 73' would be great (pre-75' is a collector-no emissions).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts