El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 79 camino with a sb v8 with the ac compressor mounted on the passenger side with a serpentine belt setup. The compressor is a Harrison modle #1131743 which is the larger ( I think) . The condenser has the hose hookups on the drivers side, and only one hose reaches the hose hookups. Are there any ideas you guys can help me with ? Condensers, 134A ect. All ideas appreciated .:dontknow:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey RS I don't know if this helps, but the hook ups for the condenser on my 78 caballero is on the passanger side.. I'm actually looking to upgrade the engine to a sbc 350 like yours, and keep my compressor on the passanger side. My problem is finding the brackets.. Is your alternator on the drivers side? Any chance you could snap a picture of the pulley/bracket system. I guess the 78-79's are close in setup. Wonder if you can flip the condenser in the mounts, and put the hookups on the passanger side to gain clearance, guessing this might work, but I'd wait for some experts to chime in. Good luck!!

·
Supporting Member
4,477 Posts
For your Serp setup, use up a condenser for a late '80's Camaro. There are two styles- one with tubes that run back and forth, and one that is parallel flow ( large tube runs down both ends , with the cross tubes running into the large tube). Get the parallel flow style- designed for R134a and works much better. Use F-body hoses and hard lines to complete the setup. Don'r forget a new Accumulator.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts