El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well besides parts of it being burnt, I can not for the life of me find my alternator wiring, and have some wires idk what they are:
I know the two red wires on the left are for the starter, and the other wires go to the blower motor/as stuff on the fire wall

I'm not sure where this guy goes he is in the the previous wires:

this si the cruise control:

then there is this guy which idk what this is for :

odd thing is I can't find any thing missing from the block and still cant find the alt wiring:

· Registered
12,538 Posts
heres some diagrams
http://www.maliburacing.com/wiring.html
http://www.elcaminocentral.com/showthread.php?t=27190

1st pic,, yea the 2 on the left with the fuseable links go to the battery term on the starter,
thats power for fuse box,ignition switch,light switch..

the next one may be the start wire,, may go to the S term on the starter from ignition switch???

the green/black maybe to the a/c clutch.. cant see the plug???
on the right the 2 green wires may be to the idle up solinoid at the carb???

2nd pic looks like the pink wire,, power to the distributer from the ignition switch???
the tan wire may be to the oil press switch/sender???

no clue on the cruise control..
the rest looks homemade,, i would get a second opinion on it all tho..:texas:

· Premium Member
6,148 Posts
3rd picture down looks like the plug for the alternator regulator and maybe that red wire that comes out close to it may be the hot.

· Registered
12,538 Posts

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I pulled out my 1979 electrical trouble shoot manual an pieced together the old fire damaged harness with a good 82 harness I had bought:

tomorrow i will solder it all and heat shrink it and hope it doesn't catch fire

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I used the 82 as the donor for wires, and just spliced the wires into the 79 harness so technically its the original harness I'll used but with unburnt, and not missing wires.

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
what I've concluded is that crazy long wire is the trailer brake light set up,, got a little worried when I saw that there was suppose to be a second wire going into the inline fuse that goes to the starter:

but said o well. Couldnt figure out how I wanted to add the wires into this junction:

so I sniped the all and made this giant mess:

I did get the car to fire today with out the alt, I've yet to get one. SO I take it as my wiring worked, but I will still search for a spare to replace this mess

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.