Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1979 El camino
Engine: 383 stroker
Trans: borg warner T-5 5-speed
Rear: 10 bolt GM Posi
Interior: terrible!!
Exterior: solid, but needs straightening.

First pictures i saw of it

Bringing her home

·
0 Posts
Use Simple Green on the engine bay! Looks like a nice fixer up,but you didn't post pics of the interior...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just today i finally got the time to put the intake manifold on and a few other small things that i wanted to do to it.

new to me steering wheel. the old one was stickier than all get out! and whover says you need a steering wheel puller they lied, you just need a big F***ing hammer :twisted:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Weiand Xcellerator

all done, i just set the distributor in so nothing gets in the crankcase.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Use Simple Green on the engine bay! Looks like a nice fixer up,but you didn't post pics of the interior...
thanks! those pics are on my phone, i'll take better pictures of everything once i get a day off of work. all the wonderful rust spots and so on. LOL

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Some small updates,
took everything out of the car

made a trip to autozone and picked up some rubberized undercoating for $5 a can
half way done undercoating it

all done.

soon i will be coating the smugglers box and putting down a layer of sound deadening in. any tips for the interior work??:yell:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
on thing i recommend to people if you want to clean anything use this super clean stuff its in a purple bottle at autozone. i used it on my wheels the went from this

to this (yes i took pictures of different rims but you get the idea)

·
Registered
929 Posts
Sweeet man :beer: Maybe just give everything a deep clean/wash while its out of the car, seriously makes things a lot easier. I just finished putting mine back together after an accident that resulted in the whole cruck having to be resprayed. Too bad you live so far away, I have a grey carpet and black smugglers carpet free to anyone. also remember to put some sound deadening in the bottom of the doors.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
looks like too small a balance for a 383. most 383 s use the wide 400 balancer. does it have a cut out section on the outer ring of the balancer. it could be internally balanced then would have a neutral balancer,but most dont go the 600$ extra for the heavy metal balance.either way a nice starting point. i just hate to see people ripped off when buying toys

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sweeet man :beer: Maybe just give everything a deep clean/wash while its out of the car, seriously makes things a lot easier. I just finished putting mine back together after an accident that resulted in the whole cruck having to be resprayed. Too bad you live so far away, I have a grey carpet and black smugglers carpet free to anyone. also remember to put some sound deadening in the bottom of the doors.
if you have a paypal account i would be more than happy to pay for all shipping charges for the carpet!! i have to find some cheap sound deadener cause i though i could find some local but i was wrong!!

·
Registered
929 Posts
if you have a paypal account i would be more than happy to pay for all shipping charges for the carpet!! i have to find some cheap sound deadener cause i though i could find some local but i was wrong!!
Cool, I will need it today to get the shape of the new carpet right, never shipped anything that big before so we will see how it turns out. I'l also take a couple pics, it's faded but pretty stain free.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts