El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can somebody let me know or have a picture of where the beeper plugs in? It has 4 prongs and 2 wires on 1end and 1 on the other. I have the dash out and the steering wheel dropped and I don’t see a location for it.
Thanks, Tom

·
Registered
944 Posts
Can somebody let me know or have a picture of where the beeper plugs in? It has 4 prongs and 2 wires on 1end and 1 on the other. I have the dash out and the steering wheel dropped and I don’t see a location for it.
Thanks, Tom
I believe there's a board it plugs into above the parking brake release cable, at least it was on the '82 and '85 dashes I've been messing with lately.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have that laying on the floor. You are right, it plugs into that module with the yellow relay that mounts to the rear of the dash.
Thank You, Tom
Doesn’t work.

·
Registered
87 Caballero Amarillo, stock 305/200R4/QJ
713 Posts
Doesn't work? Does the dome light? I have issues with the drivers door plunger sticking and that buzzer/light only works if I wiggle the plunger to fully extended.

·
Registered
944 Posts
You could try testing it out with the battery and a couple of wires. Don't remember exactly which prongs on the buzzer it was when I reinstalled one in mine and my car is in the shop so can't test but if I remember correctly a single 12v+ and ground wire should be enough to test the different prongs and see if the buzzer works.

·
Premium Member
5,405 Posts
@Hat Trick
If you are adding a dash cap, take a look at HkdUp87 threads.to help see how he did them.

Now, Robert (and many others) used a particular company, that suddenly hosting was no longer free.
I happened to back up his thread to an Adobe PDF that has the images.
So download this link to get the first 18 posts from the first thread complete with all the images.

Edit: fixed this link to download the pdf file
http://www.elcaminocentral.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=79698&d=1499831949

First thread
Starting another dash cap project. | El Camino Central Forum

2nd thread
$103.00 dash cap came out great with a little work. | El Camino Central Forum

1 - 9 of 9 Posts