El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I so guys , if a Z 15 is an SS and Z 16 is the Royal Knight , then what does the Z 19 code stand for ? Color me confused . a little help would be much appreciated . Thanks.

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,713 Posts
One site says Z19 says Sports Pkg Spectre for 76-81
another site says Z19 is convenience group

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks . I'm wondering if maybe a Diablo . the guy said it has a 400 small block , SO MANY QUESTIONS

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,713 Posts
Thanks . I'm wondering if maybe a Diablo . the guy said it has a 400 small block , SO MANY QUESTIONS
Diablo is the GMC model
the 400 did not come in the 5th gen
Also I search this entire site & not 1 Z19 came up & this site been here for many years
Saw your other thread did the seller have the paper work stating it is an Super Sport ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I've come across two sites now that saying Z19 stands for "sport pkg spectre" does that by chance mean it was a special order car ?

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I’m going way out on a limb here, but I’ll take a guess. Your pictures look like a Z15 SS or a Z16 Black or Royal Knight due to the complete lack of chrome trim. It looks like yours didn’t have wheel arch or rocker trim. It also looks like the strip between the door glass and quarter window is black. All those point to SS or Knight. It also looks like your color was silver. Spectre is a GM name for a silver grey, so maybe Z19-Spectre is a reference to a color combo that included something silver grey that was usually a different color. Maybe the accent decals for a Royal Knight(?). Post a picture of your underhood trim tag. (Alternatively I see Z19 can be a convenience group, so it may have been a package like power locks with power windows and underhood lamp or some similar combo).
Patrick

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its a mystery , I'm hoping to hear back from GM heritage about it , the build sheet is MIA , guessing mice got to it .

·
Registered
75 Posts
I may have overlooked, so I apologize in advance. Where did you look for the build sheet? If it is still in the car it should be taped to the headliner on the driver's side although I have had them be laying loose and end up in the middle or passenger side. I have also found it to be a convenience package or a "PERFORMANCE PACKAGE COUPE 960116 E 1 1 A"

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Mine is an ‘85, and when my dad had a shop replace the headliner in the ‘90s he said the trim shop found ‘this’ above it and gave it to him.
Patrick

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LMAO .. The cab had been completely gutted by whoever was doing the body work for the guy I bought it from . I have a lot of work ahead of me there . I am find evidence of it being an SS , blacked out grill , and the factory headers are making me think I may have a Royal Knight .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts