El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
I see this is your first post so WELCOME to a great site with tons of knowledge on this site and from its members. There are alot of owners in your state also. I will look in my basement tomorrow since once I post this you will see I also have a 80 Caballero. Sold a couple Caballero emblems on here a few weeks ago and those are hard to come by. Anyway I will check and again :Welcome!::Welcome!: Michael in South Boston, VA

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Hi Welcome to the site!

Do you have the optional cluster with the round gauges...or the standard long sweep style speedo with the square fuel gauge?

·
Registered
257 Posts
I see this is your first post so WELCOME to a great site with tons of knowledge on this site and from its members. There are alot of owners in your state also. I will look in my basement tomorrow since once I post this you will see I also have a 80 Caballero. Sold a couple Caballero emblems on here a few weeks ago and those are hard to come by. Anyway I will check and again :Welcome!::Welcome!: Michael in South Boston, VA
Never thanked you for them, there great looking n just the thing i needed thanks.

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
shorty21123,
Mario, welcome from Mid-Michigan.

Doug

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its the long sweep. Its the rectangular fuel ga. next to it is the speedo and next to that is the blank where the clock goes in other vehicles.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Hello again Mario, I checked down in my basement and I don't have one and as can see they are not expense, If you buy from GM Classic Parts.com , they are REAL slow getting even a stock item to you. Michael in Virginia SHOW US SOME PICTURES OF YOUR RIDE!!!!!!:smileyb::smileyb:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for the info.

I will try them today and I'll try n get some pics later. My camera kodak easyshare died. So, i advise everybody to stay away from them and don't waste your cash.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There is power to the ga., and thanks for the hook-up

JJLT1, I believe I found one in the GM Classic. Again, "thanks".

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There is power to the ga., and thanks for the hook-up

JJLT1, I believe I found one in the GM Classic. Again, "thanks".:You_Rock:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sorry i never got back to ya guys. We did find the problem with the gas gauage. Before we replaced the fuel gauage with another used one I bought from GM Classics, we went ahead and dropped the tank again n replaced the sending unit with another new one and it worked. I probably got a bad one the first time.:smileyb:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
On the scoop subject, if using a metal scoop, I would go with the liquid metal first and than used bondo to smooth it out. Oh, and don't forget to rivet. Be sure to get somebody who knows what they are doing when using this product. I've seen a guy use this product and it worked excellent. If you go with a fiberglass, will of course I would go with the fiber glass and than smooth it out with bondo. Again, make sure the individual doing the work knows what he or she is doing. I've seen some beefed up dragsters at the strip with fiberglassed scoops and they stay on and they don't crack and fly off.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts