El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a hood with scoop. We just replaced the 305 with a 350 and the high rise is a little too high preventing the hood froming closing properly. It does close, but you can see the corner rise a little.
Well, now that we are on the subject of parts needed, I'm going to redo the whole interior. A dash pad would be nice and I'm even thinking of going with electric windows.
I'll be getting back to you guys laterzz with exterior parts. Maybe I can get the parts that go on the corners of the front bumpers.:texas:

·
Deputy Director Region 6 - Supporting Member
6,209 Posts
Good to see you are learning the forums and such! Hope you can get some assistance from the LARGE bunch of Region 13 members that you are among. A new (repop) scoop hood can be had for about 3 Bens. Large item shipping will add to that for sure. I'll let others chime in with all of the places to shop for this, and other items you seek.

Welcome! :beer:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Well you could look at my custom hood I have for sale in the for sale section. Doubt it would work for you though. And if this is a car that you are wanting to look really nice, I don't think you'd like my hood.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Waiting for pics?!?!^^^^:dontknow:

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Lmk what parts you need via pm and ill get out to you.i ship all the time to Texas.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry bout the pics! I'm still not allowed to post pics. I believe I have to graduate first and I don't think I'll b doing that anytime soon. I was scolded or rather corrected today for using unaccepatable words. I didn't think what I said was bad, but anyhow I'll try not to use anatomical words like the one I used earlier. I don't know how long I'll b around b4 I get kicked out. An old goat. veteran of the Army and Navy, I can tell you its hard not to say a couple of bad words.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow! I just got a call from a friend who tells me he has a hood that will fit my ride. I'll let you know if its going to work. Well, that is if I'm still around. I might just change the carb in my car which will eliminate the adapter under the carb. and I won't need a scoop. Anyways, he informed that his is not all rusted out like mine. My hood has the typical front corners all shot to. Wow! U see I almost said something that could have gotten me in trouble. thanks alot guys. I'll check and see what it looks like tomorrow.:nanawrench::beer::texas::smileyb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts