El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
Pretty nice cruck! I am stuck on the older generations,but, this cruck is nicely done. Do the models come with it ? :dontknow:

Terry, just wondering...did you ever get Carlos straightened out and ready for Belton ? Were you able to recoup any of your losses from the "mechanic" ??

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Eehhh. That is an elky with a el dorado front and taillights put on. If you look at the headlights thwy arent even caddy lights. They are the stock chevy ones. That in my opinion is just a lot of body work. I wouldnt pay 15 grand for that. Its very nice and i like the look i just dont believe there was such a thing??

And caddy and chevy are competitors, why would they ever join a car?????? And you know chevy wouldnt want caddy to have any part of the el camino!

Brandon

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
It's too bad that someone did not release the brake and let it roll into that river. I agree, I would not waste my money on that thing. Michael in Virginia PS I guess you really need to be a REDNECK to drive or even be seen in that car. opps sorry :neutral:

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pretty nice cruck! I am stuck on the older generations,but, this cruck is nicely done. Do the models come with it ? :dontknow:

Terry, just wondering...did you ever get Carlos straightened out and ready for Belton ? Were you able to recoup any of your losses from the "mechanic" ??
I would like to see one of these in person-just because it's different.

Yes, actually Carlos is being worked on right now, and NO I wasn't able to get anything but an expensive lesson learned from the "EX SO CALLED MECHANIC". If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
I'm in good hands now, though! I believe this was a blessing in disguise, because now my Carlos will be better than new when Roy & Joyce get done with it.
I can't wait to show it off at Belton!!

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Eehhh. That is an elky with a el dorado front and taillights put on. If you look at the headlights thwy arent even caddy lights. They are the stock chevy ones.

Definitely 1980 Cadillac Eldorado front clip.
I would be more than willing to be that this is in fact a genuine conversion vehicle.

And caddy and chevy are competitors, why would they ever join a car?????? And you know chevy wouldnt want caddy to have any part of the el camino!

Caddy and Chevrolet----not competitors----different target clientele.
Weather or not you wish to believe this, but Caddys have been being converted to pickups since the early 50s or sooner. Commonly referred to as a flower car, they were generally reserved for funeral homes.

During the late 70s----the "Mirage" was built (outsourced) and sold by Cadillac dealers.
This was based on the big ElDorados of the era.

Ford also played with the same idea since the Ranchero went away in 79
I believe it was about 200 Fairmonts were converted into "Durangos"------and then another coach builder made copies of THAT car. There are differences in the Ford version that are readily known to anyone familiar with a real Durango that the copy Durango does not have.

Pontiac, believe it or not-----managed to get a pair of 61 ElCamino type vehicles out as well. Pretty sure both were prototypes or just an engineering idea that never got off the ground and managed to get out in the public hands.

Brandon
xx

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Well you learn somethin new every day! But they wouldnt call it an eldorado el camino... Like they dont have an escalade silverado.....

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
It is an illegitimate child. No especially pretty, but different. I don't dislike it,but I don't want it. Someone must have wanted it bad to go through all the work to make it. They should name it "Frankencruck".

·
Premium Member
676 Posts
I'm wondering why they did not go to the trouble of eliminating the tail lights in the bumper if they were going to use the Caddy lights. It just take some welding and chrome work like this:

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Yes cad and chev merged when the came out with the scalade p/u you get a chev p/u with cad badges and plastic this wouldn't be much different ways :poke:

·
Registered
668 Posts
PS I guess you really need to be a REDNECK to drive or even be seen in that car.
HEY! I resemble that remark!

Aren't we all rednecks for loving Camino's? :poke:

·
Deputy Director Region 18 Participating Member
6,292 Posts
...Out here in good ole Callie,they just make there own crucks out of Caddies...

..Ahwww..A true "Cowboy's cadillac"...:poke::beer:

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts