El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I just joined the site and thought that I am posting this question in the wrong forum but for some reason I am not allowed to post in the history section? Does anybody know why? Either way here is my question. I have a 1981 Factory 4-Speed El Camino SS and have been told that it is somewhat rare due to the fact that few SS's where manufactured with the 4 Speed. I would like to know the exact production number of SS's that were manufactured with the 4-speed can anyone help me find this info? :secret: I have already looked at the VIN decoder forum and now understand from the VIN breakdown the sequential production number, but still do not know the exact number of similar factory 4-speed cars that were manufactured like mine.

My VIN # is: 1GCCW80H5BR423817

Thank you for your help : )

·
Registered
591 Posts
in 1981 there were36,711 elcaminos built 4,380 caballero/gmc sprints built have to do more research on your question stay tuned and welcome:smileyb:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks

Thanks for your help and for making me feel so welcome. This is a great site! Why haven't I found it sooner? P.S I noticed that you were a Veteran "First Elky for me", Thank you! I am a Marine Corps Veteran. : )

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Still baffeled....

I actually checked out:
http://www.chevelles.com/elcamino/ec_total.htm
before I joined the site. I was a really informative site but you might have noticed too that under the 1981 Camino SS sections there is a big fat "?"....and that about sums up my luck everywhere else too? Maybe it's one of those questions I'll just have to ask God if I every make it through the pearly gates? HAHa:bat_angel:

·
Venerated Member RIP
4,461 Posts
I actually checked out:
http://www.chevelles.com/elcamino/ec_total.htm
before I joined the site. I was a really informative site but you might have noticed too that under the 1981 Camino SS sections there is a big fat "?"....and that about sums up my luck everywhere else too? Maybe it's one of those questions I'll just have to ask God if I every make it through the pearly gates? HAHa:bat_angel:
You will find those gates ars guarded by United States Marines. But you already knew that.
Semper Fi:texas:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts