El Camino Central Forum banner

41 - 60 of 93 Posts

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #43 (Edited)
Not much done lately.
Dennys driveshaft is in, front brakes all hooked up.
Received my PYPES true dual exhaust and got to install it this last saturday.

Exhaust system laid out:

Exhaust hanging in there:

Driver and passenger side connections using 3" mandrel bends and band clamps installed earlyer:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Nice! I wish I had your fab skills.....and the time to do it all. What size are those tires? I'M JEALOUS for sure!

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #47 (Edited)
I have not posted but things are still going on with the Elky.

Fabricated some aluminum fittings in order to modify my fuel rail and make it returnless. I am going with a Walbro in tank pump and using the Dixie Restorations reproduction sender and Corvette fuel filter/regulator for 58 PSI line pressure . Used the OEM metal fuel line on the passenger side of the frame.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #48 (Edited)
After searching and searching for a sway bar option, finally went with a rear sway bar off my 1996 F Body. It is not a direct fit, I had to modify it slightly by bending the ends where the end links bolt on to the bar, but in the end came out pretty good.

The brackets for the end links and the brackets for the bushings under the axle, even the bushings themselves came off my F Body. The end links had to be bought new. Need to be longer than the OEM f Body end links

The oil coolers where also turned around in order not to retain air pockets. This is how she sits ao of today:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #49 (Edited)
So, the marriage took place last week.
We are on our way for the completion of this project. Lots of things to do now.
I think the electrical integration will be one of the most important tasks. Then comes all the interior restoration. Thinking on the Dakota instrument cluster or may be building a custom cluster.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #51 (Edited)
Havent posted much in a while but have been working on the car regularly. Unfortunately just a couple of hours every saturday, but progress has been constant.

Finished the engine install and harness about two weeks ago. Everything works great. Power steering, cooling, fuel, exhaust, etc. Here a few teaser picture of the engine sitting in the bay:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Used a 4th Gen Camaro master cylinder and new booster for the brakes.
The power steering reservoir is from a 1996 Impala. Fits great with the F Body accesories.
Battery cables from a 4th gen LT1 Camaro. Great fitment too.
Throttle cable from a 4th gen LT1 Camaro too. Slightly modified.
Will post a few pictures later on

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #53 (Edited)
Test fitting the Camino SS Nose conversion and cowl induction hood:
I think I will also get a rolled rear pan to complement the looks.
No body work has been done so far.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,664 Posts
Proceeding in a positive direction!

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #56 (Edited)
looking real good !!
Thanks Guys. It has been almost a year since I started this project.

The first picture is a positive junction box out of a 4rth gen Camaro that we used in conjunction with the LT1 Camaro battery cables. these work great for the LT1 swap!
The positive 12V fusible links from the original wiring were routed here as well as the power supply for the engine haness. (fans, fuel pump, ign,etc.)

The second picture is an S10 expansion tank and PCM mount. It bolts down to the fender well. I think it turned out great too.

The third picture is the Impala power steering reservoir mounted to a fabricated bracket fastened to the battery tray.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Well, after several months of work the bodywork is done. White paint job. Bullet mirrors were installed. All the window moldings were painted black.
Bed molding was removed too.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #59 (Edited)
Then I decided to add some black stripes on the hood. No stripes on the cabin or rear gate. Not the best pictures, but you get the idea. I will add some better pictures later when all interior work is complete. No badges or emblems have been installed. I already have the complete set but dont know if I will install them.

Attachments

41 - 60 of 93 Posts