El Camino Central Forum banner

81 - 93 of 93 Posts

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Just another couple of pictures:

Engine Bay:
Recently added a set of painted fuel rail covers from a C4 Vette.
Thinking of doing ceramic coated headers to lower engine compartment temperatures and upgrading the looks too.

IMG_0840.jpg

Nice picture from last weekend

f888215b-1596-4cd9-96f8-17e0f49d82a3.JPG

·
Registered
907 Posts
Wow, what a great looking engine compartment!

I've got A LOT of work to do to get mine even close to looking that good.

Great job Ricardo. Taken it to any shows yet?

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Last upgrade done to Elco:
Replaced my Shoenfeld mild steel headers with an identical set but ceramic coated.
All I can say is: what a difference! The underhood temperatures went down quite a bit and the looks are awesone. When I took the spark plug wires off I found two of them that were severely degraded due to the excess heat being irradiated by the headers. I just cant get over them.

Here is a comparison between the two sets:

IMG_0839.jpg

IMG_1686.jpg

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
This really is a never ending project. This time I am focusing on the exhaust. I dont like the way the X pipe sounds in comparison to the H pipe, so i decided to modify my PyPES 3" dual exhaust, got rid of the X and replaced it with a fabricated H out of 304 45 deg elbows and T´s .

This is the original PYPES exhaust with the X laying on the floor:
Pypes on the floor fr.JPG

And this is the fabricated H
db81c778-7687-4034-89c9-8ef88d75ad0b.JPG

My next move will be cutting and modifying the straight rear exit pipes in order to convert the system to exit behind the rear wheels.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Good looking work. I have always liked the 5th gens in white.
Just something about the way white and chrome look together.

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Thanks guys, I just can't get enough. Yesterday we modified the rear exit arrangement from the PYPES system and I really like the results. The first two pictures show the original right side pipe and a close up of where we cut the 45 deg bend and 24" of straight pipe off.
IMG_3017.jpg IMG_3018.jpg

These one show the modified right side pipe and its routing.
IMG_3019.jpg IMG_3020.jpg

And finally the end product
IMG_3021.jpg IMG_3022.jpg

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Doing bucket seats
Got a little more carried away into the never ending project. This time I am doing some interior mods. About a year ago I totalled my 1996 F Body due to an accident due to rain coming back from the track. Fortunately there was nobody injured. My F body was in very good shape and I was able to save the complete drivetrain and many interior and body components. The bucket seats are in very good shape and I plan to install them instead of the bench seat.
IMG_3668.jpg

I will be updating as I make some progress with the swap. Sofar I have removed the bench seat and am installing the bucket seat brackets I got from Mikes Montes.
IMG_3669.jpg IMG_3670.jpg

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Ok, so I got some more done these days. I received my bucket seat brackets from Mikes Montes and proceeded to install them on the floor panels. At first I was considering welding them directly on the floor panels like GM did on the past but after considering it decided going a different way and used Rivnuts and 6mm bolts.
So this is what they look like.

IMG_3693.jpg IMG_3694.jpg

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
After reading a few threads regarding FBody seats installed in El Caminos there were several threads stating that the center to center mounting distance was different between F and G bodies, there is a 3/4" difference, being the F Body the narrower one. So I fabricated these 1/4" steel steel adapters which allowed me to move the seats 3/4" inch inwards and used the 1/4" spacers on the other side track to compensate for the added thickness. I first tried mounting the seat without moving it inwards and the door armrest would hit the seat back after closing the door. So I guess this is a must if doing 4th gen F Body seats.
IMG_3683.jpg IMG_3685.jpg IMG_3687.jpg

81 - 93 of 93 Posts