El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 1984 El Camino 2 years ago. It appears to be a true conversion but how can I be sure. It has all the Decals , bed rails , side exhaust, etc.
No door sticker. VIN#1GCCW8OH7ER188440 It is White. Original paint code on windshield plate is U19 Black.
305 HO engine, Auto trans., Power windows and door locks.

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,631 Posts
Welcome from Florida ! We do like pics
there is no 305 HO in the El Camino
Only way to tell a true Choo Choo is the GM invoice,(Sometimes Build sheet) Door decal
There is many Choo Choo clones out there
Maybe one of the Choo Choo experts will chime in

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
We have also seen where original invoice shows car originally shipped from GM to Chattanooga.
Possibly GM Heritage site still has documents for newer 5th Gen El Caminos.

=========
Q. Can you provide me with specifications and/or RPO/engine code information on my vehicle?
A. In most cases, yes. The GM Heritage Center has made this information available for a portion of General Motors’ Cadillac, Chevrolet, and Oldsmobile models on this website at Vehicle Information Kits - GM Heritage Center.
For information on vehicles not available on the website currently, vintage vehicle information packages on the type of vehicle you own that contain copies of original specifications, sales and service information along with the decoding of the VIN and trim tag codes are available from the GM Heritage Center for the fee of $50. To order one of these packages, please visit GM Media Archive to place your order online.

GM Media Archive Note: This shows up as not a secure site (no SSL). See if you can work via mail, rather than credit card online.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome from Florida ! We do like pics
there is no 305 HO in the El Camino
Only way to tell a true Choo Choo is the GM invoice, Door decal
There is many Choo Choo clones out there
Maybe one of the Choo Choo experts will chime in
Thanks for the reply. and thanks for the welcome. I will post pictures soon. I have pictures from when I bought the car 2 years ago. Looks pretty good. Needed some work and decided to paint the car. It is almost ready to paint. I will post before and after pictures soon.
I have the original nose for sale. I am installing a fiberglass replica from Honest Charlies.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts