El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Deputy Regional Director, Region 13
5,582 Posts
so it appears to be an elkie that has been taken care of (not a true survivor), had some repairs and rehab done over the years (new seat covers, new engine, new paint, etc). probably didn't get all the money back invested in it but sold for a nice price after they enjoyed it

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
I wonder what it ‘is’, though. The decals are correct for a Choo Choo SS, but they all have the aero nose. The side trim is correct for a base Camino with BX8 added. The air dam is correct for a Z15 Sport Appearance package but wasn’t available with the side trim. I’m guessing it started life as a base Camino with BX8 trim, and got the decals, air dam and other trim added.
Patrick

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In the short time have owned my Caballero (El Camino) I've watched the sales prices increase. There is a growing demand and we should all be excited for it. I really enjoy driving this vehicle and for me it's very practical. I really started looking at Elky's 3 or 4 years ago, I should have started sooner.

·
Deputy National Director
9,731 Posts
I wonder what it ‘is’, though. The decals are correct for a Choo Choo SS, but they all have the aero nose. The side trim is correct for a base Camino with BX8 added. The air dam is correct for a Z15 Sport Appearance package but wasn’t available with the side trim. I’m guessing it started life as a base Camino with BX8 trim, and got the decals, air dam and other trim added.
Patrick
It has a pic of the RPO label
It has the Z15 code
So the body side trim was added later, Most likely when it was painted

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
I priced mine to sell but not give away! I saw them going for more but then again they're still for sale! Prices are very strong right now! I probably had just under 14K. in mine and sold for $12,750.00 in 4 days so not too bad for enjoyment purposes over the years! :cool:(y)

·
Registered
1981 El Camino, 4-Speed w/ factory Hurst Shifter, 400ci small block
317 Posts
I posted this El Camino a while back. It's just down the street from me. I have stopped to look at it, and it's an......OK car/truck, but it's FAR from a showroom example. They are asking 16K for it. I think it's worth about half that, but what do I know. I'm just glad Elco prices are skyrocketing. That can only be a good thing for us.....

Car Vehicle Tire Hood Wheel
Wheel Car Vehicle Tire Motor vehicle

1 - 9 of 9 Posts