El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for letting me join. I bought my ElCo new in 1984 here in Dallas. Drove it daily until my retirement in 2002 and decided then to built myself one last hot rod and kinda got carried away. It has a 12:5 383 Stroker with 220cc heads by Patriot, Comp Super Mutha Thumper roller cam, T&D solid rocker arm shafts with 1:6 rocker arms, tunnel ram with 2 each 500cfm Holleys, duel MSD 6AL boxes, hooker super comp headers , complete 3 inch exhaust with electric cutouts by Race Ready into flowmaster 40's. Art Carr 700R4 with 3,500 converter and a 4:11 12 bolt rear end by ET Auto with a lot of suspension work to get her to hook. Also it has A/C ( a must in Texas ) pwr windows and locks original AM/FM cassette radio and clock that still works. One repaint back in 1991 and redid the seats in 2004. Because of the colors of my ElCo I came up with a name for my car of Iron Man and at car shows I do a small Iron Man representation that at least the kids enjoy and guess that's the point anyway. Attached are some recent pics. Myself and car were recently put on YouTube with the motor running not sure how to look it up or show it here, not good with computer stuff at all.

I would like to get 2 of your National El Camino Owners Assoc decals but can't figure out how or who to ask to get them.

Sincerely,
Ray Smith

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey great, thanks man. I appreciate it. I totally suck at computers and iphones and other tech stuff. Just bought a smart TV and its kicking my ass. I'm just too ole school of a guy. Don't really want to learn it either, just want to enjoy my retirement and play with my cars.
Again Thanks,
Ray

·
Premium Member
8,156 Posts
Hi Ray, welcome from Idaho. Glad you've joined us. You have a very sweet 84 with lovely modifications , very sweet El Camino rod. Great job on it. Enjoy it and the community.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, Idaho is where I had my 08 Chrysler 300 SRT8 shipped down to me in Texas. Saw it on line at a dealer in Boise and made the deal. Small world.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I LOVE the way that sits, not a big fan of Red interiors, but that's plain gorgeous, simple yet elegant and complements the car perfectly. Could have gotten away with naming it Mona Lisa, it's a Work of Art.

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,530 Posts
Ray,

Welcome from Honey Grove, TX! I hope to meet you at a show sometime. Which part of DFW do you call home?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Ray, welcome from Idaho. Glad you've joined us. You have a very sweet 84 with lovely modifications , very sweet El Camino rod. Great job on it. Enjoy it and the community.
Ray,

Welcome from Honey Grove, TX! I hope to meet you at a show sometime. Which part of DFW do you call home?
I'm in Richardson Tx just outside of Dallas, thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think Josh of KLRMino will have some competition here. Iron Man's scoop sits a little higher :D
thank you, scoop is higher cause of 2 inch carb spacers adds more downward force straight into the heads. Great at a top in charge.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks for letting me join. I bought my ElCo new in 1984 here in Dallas. Drove it daily until my retirement in 2002 and decided then to built myself one last hot rod and kinda got carried away. It has a 12:5 383 Stroker with 220cc heads by Patriot, Comp Super Mutha Thumper roller cam, T&D solid rocker arm shafts with 1:6 rocker arms, tunnel ram with 2 each 500cfm Holleys, duel MSD 6AL boxes, hooker super comp headers , complete 3 inch exhaust with electric cutouts by Race Ready into flowmaster 40's. Art Carr 700R4 with 3,500 converter and a 4:11 12 bolt rear end by ET Auto with a lot of suspension work to get her to hook. Also it has A/C ( a must in Texas ) pwr windows and locks original AM/FM cassette radio and clock that still works. One repaint back in 1991 and redid the seats in 2004. Because of the colors of my ElCo I came up with a name for my car of Iron Man and at car shows I do a small Iron Man representation that at least the kids enjoy and guess that's the point anyway. Attached are some recent pics. Myself and car were recently put on YouTube with the motor running not sure how to look it up or show it here, not good with computer stuff at all.

I would like to get 2 of your National El Camino Owners Assoc decals but can't figure out how or who to ask to get them.

Sincerely,
Ray Smith
Wow Ray, sounds great looks Beautiful. Very nice El Camino!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I LOVE the way that sits, not a big fan of Red interiors, but that's plain gorgeous, simple yet elegant and complements the car perfectly. Could have gotten away with naming it Mona Lisa, it's a Work of Art.
thanks for the great compliment !!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts