El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1984 GM service Manual in a GM Binder !!
$60 Shipped

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is some info from the manual !!

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Guys this is an AWESOME book. I have the same exact one and it has been SOOO much help. You would not imagine all the info that is in this book!!!. It has the car seperated into parts and tells you the names of EVERY little thing needed. Such a big help to me!

It is specifically for an 84 but most parts on 5th gens are common, so it could help on alot of other things on 5th gens!!

Did i say this was VERY helpful yet???!!!!!

Brandon

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's for El Camino,Monte Carlo,Impala,Caprice !

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anybody ?? This is a great book !!

·
Registered
113 Posts
My name could be "Anybody!" I've been eyeing up all of these you have listed. Just Don't know which to get. I just bought an 84 so this one would seem like a good choice, but it may just end up a parts car for my 79. If that's the case then would the 82 service and electrical be a better option for me? I like the lower price too of course. But the one that looks brand new covers all 5th gen years! whats the best for me? And would you even ship to me in Canada?

Choices, choices, and decisions, decisions! Somebody help me out with some advice and push me off the fence here please! :dontknow:

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They do have service manuals for the 79 !! I will ship to Canada for a little more !!

·
Registered
113 Posts
They do have service manuals for the 79 !! I will ship to Canada for a little more !!
Not really wanting to wait for a 79 to show up, I am a want it now guy!:smileyb: Just not sure which will help me more. I like the 82 because of the electrical, and it also covers Montes, so should be close enough for my 81 Grand Prix wiring difficulties as well maybe.

The 84 manual is nice too, and I just haven't decided what to do with the Conquista. I see more elkys in my future maybe!:dontknow:

Package deal for the 84 and 82 manuals? Give me a figure, and do you do paypal? Just happen to have a US$ paypal account I've never used. My dad sent me $100 for my birthday last year, and might be a good time to spend it!:nanawrench:

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
anybody ?? It's a great manual !! Tons of info in it !!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Recently purchased a Parts & Illustration manual for my 84 Elky SS from this member. This manual is a god send. If you need a manual this is the guy to buy them from.

·
Registered
326 Posts
PM sent.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hi Steve, Why don't you scan the Elky section into your computer and make and sell CD's. I'd pay $20-25 for one of those. Ken

·
Registered
326 Posts
Wouldn't GM have a copyright problem with that?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts