El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 84 Super Sport had been repainted by a previous owner and it is one color. I want to put back the orignal decal and badging for that year. Does anyone have a 84 that could post a picture of the original or email me a photo of your 84 El Camino SS, it would be greatly appreciated. Ken

[email protected]

·
IROC-S Pace Car #001
675 Posts
For 1984 there were no longer any SS badges on the exterior (Im assuming this was done so that the GM version Z15 Super Sport did not compete with the Choo Choo SS). The 1984 Z15 SS decor package had a two-tone paint job, front air dam, black quarter window trim, and a Super Sport emblem on the dash.

Here is what the 1978-1983 Super Sport decals looked like.
http://www.gmphotostore.com/1983-Chevrolet-El-Camino-Super-Sport/productinfo/53218870/

Or you could install the Choo Choo style decals.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
E Man, Many thanks, think I'll go with the 1983 look on the link you sent me. It may not be correct for the 84 but I like the look of it. Ken

·
IROC-S Pace Car #001
675 Posts
E Man, Many thanks, think I'll go with the 1983 look on the link you sent me. It may not be correct for the 84 but I like the look of it. Ken
Excellent choice! You very rarely see the 78-83 decal package on El Caminos anymore. Most people convert to the Choo Choo style decals. I personally love the 78-83 style, and it will set you apart from most other SS Elkys you see. Here is a link to Phoenix Graphics who sells the entire stripe kit:
http://www.phoenixgraphix.com/gm/7882ecss.php

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
those in black and silver is what made me want one in the first place, just too good to walk past had to have one

·
IROC-S Pace Car #001
675 Posts
those in black and silver is what made me want one in the first place, just too good to walk past had to have one
Agreed. My first El Camino was a 1983 Super Sport, white on top and maroon on the bottom with the large Super Sport decals. LOVE that look. I think they look just as good, if not better than the Choo Choos.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
E-Man thanks for the other link, they are cheaper there than the El Camino Store catalog. Ken:You_Rock:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts