El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I am getting another EC and it is the two-tone blue. Can anyone tell me where to find the paint numbers so I can repaint? I am confused looking at the OEM chips. I don't know which one is the right light and dark blue! Thanks in advance for helping this old EC owner!

·
Deputy National Director
10,366 Posts
so with the 2 two-tone you have the Conquista or the SS ?
there should be 2 places for the paint codes
On the firewall underneath the driver wiper arm is the metal body number plate with a bunch of numbers
should be code 25 for light blue metallic
other code is 31 for dark metallic blue
the will be a U & L next to them for upper & lower

Also there should be the rpo label on the back of the glove box door
paint codes will be on the bottom of the label
will be code WA8574 for light blue metallic (code 25)
code WA8592 for the dark blue metallic (code 31)

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Also-if yours is a Conquista, the tailgate decal should be Blue and Light Blue (picture from a very low mile original attached; the lighter color looks white). The GM number was 14084682.
All the vendors have the wrong info and it appears no one repros the correct decal. I found a guy in Tennessee who made mine from a photo of the original-Choo Choo Automotive Styling, Ooltewah, TN.

Patrick
Hood Automotive tail & brake light Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting
Hood Automotive tail & brake light Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so with the 2 two-tone you have the Conquista or the SS ?
there should be 2 places for the paint codes
On the firewall underneath the driver wiper arm is the metal body number plate with a bunch of numbers
should be code 25 for light blue metallic
other code is 31 for dark metallic blue
the will be a U & L next to them for upper & lower

Also there should be the rpo label on the back of the glove box door
paint codes will be on the bottom of the label
will be code WA8574 for light blue metallic (code 25)
code WA8592 for the dark blue metallic (code 31)
I don't know what was wrong with me, but I accidentally hit the 5 instead of the 2, and put in the wrong year! My pink says it's an 1982, but the two colors you show are the same colors! It's a 305 small block so it's no Conquista or SS, with the medium blue interior. I will look where you said to look! I wonder, did GM do that with all their cars paint codes?

·
Deputy National Director
10,366 Posts
on the 1982 the RPO label on the glove box door will not be there
The metal tag will be on the firewall under the driver wiper arm
There are 3 blues
the 1982 paint codes are

Rectangle Font Pattern Brand Wood

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There are 3 blues
the 1982 paint codes are

View attachment 150764
There are 3 blues
the 1982 paint codes are

View attachment 150764
😊I can't thank you enough, Asst. Director! I've never had a blue 2-tone, had just about every other color they made. This will be my 4th, and just getting into not using them as a truck so much on the ranch! I never knew the codes were kept there, but it looks like I have dark/light blue combo! Thank you again! - Deby

·
Deputy National Director
10,366 Posts
😊I can't thank you enough, Asst. Director! I've never had a blue 2-tone, had just about every other color they made. This will be my 4th, and just getting into not using them as a truck so much on the ranch! I never knew the codes were kept there, but it looks like I have dark/light blue combo! Thank you again! - Deby
You're welcome !
Glad to help
remember on this group there isn't any dumb questions except for the questions not asked

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Engine size and interior trim weren’t a function of trim level. Conquistas could be 305s and have buckets, the ‘85-87 Z-15 Sport Appearance packages (and Choo Choo SSs) could be 4.3 v6s with bench seats. Look for D91 (Conquista) or Z15 (Super Sport) on your trim tag. Failing that, look for evidence of chrome trim for a Conquista or almost none on the SS.
Patrick

1 - 13 of 13 Posts