El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
nice car. just odd to see how many are missing the bracket that holds the canister purge valve.

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,619 Posts
Nice! Favorite colors on a Choo Choo.:nanawrench:

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
i cant be the only one who made the dealer put it back on when they recalled them for that valve.

·
Registered
257 Posts
^ x2:dontknow: choo choo's r always good to look at but like it was said b4 where's the wow.

·
Deputy Director Region 18 Participating Member
6,307 Posts
how about "oh,humm,another choo choo"...:poke:

·
Registered
391 Posts
What gets me is the guys who have such a jealousy, toward Choo Choo's, I've owned both, and the Choo Choo is the best looking and draws twice the raves as the non....... hands down, So quit the whinning, It really does show your green side

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
1985 El Camino Choo Choo Custom SS 1

You can't judge an El Camino by 4 pictures. They look a lot better in person. And, yes, they do have the WOW factor over a non Choo Choo Elky.

·
Premium Member
12,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Now theres a (wow) factor! No offence ment to anyone. I guess I ment when I hear someone say Wow I expect to see something that I have to take a double look at!!!
I'd like own own a Choo Choo and sooner or later I probably will.
Choo Choo's are cool and another reason Elko's ROCK!:nanawrench:
Donny.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Not directed to you Donnie, I guess it got started with the guy on my a/c post who said he thought a Choo Choo was just a rubber nose and some decals..... just an ignorant comment

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
1985 El Camino Choo Choo Custom SS 1

x2 Harpman1. No offense to DDD. I drove my EC in stock configuration for 2 years before I started to build my CCC clone. Check out the "My Money Pit" thread.

·
Deputy Director Region 6 - 2013 Founders' Award Re
3,683 Posts
Its always been a personal thing on like and dislike of any set of wheels, to make a statement that one or the other has no WOW is all in the eyes of the beholder. When you look at a line of El Camino's at a nice show and you see all years from under construction, stock, custom the one thing you get is they are all no longer made so they are neat within themselves, and are forever a step child to the Chevelle. "THE STEP CHILD THING" has been why I just must keep mine and why I have always stayed an EL Camino guy.
The Choo Choo idea is what it is a nice after market smooth design that has its place in the group and is welcome always.

·
Deputy Director, Region 1
2,566 Posts
Not directed to you Donnie, I guess it got started with the guy on my a/c post who said he thought a Choo Choo was just a rubber nose and some decals..... just an ignorant comment
That guy would be me. Hardly an ignorant comment! I've been fixing cars professionally since 1978. Take another look at a choo-choo. Rubber nose, ground effects and decals and steering wheel! That's it, unless it has the side pipes. otherwise the same as any other elky.
That doesn't mean I'm jealous or that I don't like them. Choo choo is an appearence package.
Oh yeah and BTW it doesn't have HD A/C either!:poke:

·
IROC-S Pace Car #001
681 Posts
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and a forum is a place to voice those opinions. Some consider the Choo Choo nothing more than an appearance package. But lets not forget what era the Choo Choos were built during...the 1980s when even the mighty Corvette was lacking horsepower relative to it's predecessor. The Choo Choo was Chevrolet's way to bring excitement and a performance 'feel' to the El Camino line. Does a Choo Choo run the quarter mile any faster than a Conquista? No, it doesn't.

Nevertheless, the Choo Choo is a unique and rare El Camino. In my opinion, they are the best looking El Camino ever made (just my opinion). I understand where harpman1 was going with his post. Virtually all of the less-than-complimentary comments posted about Choo Choos on this site come from members who don't own them. But that makes sense to me...if someone thinks a Choo Choo is just an appearance package and they're nothing special, of course they're not going to want one. Who am I to say that someone elses opinion is wrong?

But I like Choo Choos. And recent auction prices prove they're gaining respect as collectibles. I would not trade my Choo Choo Pace Car for the most pristine 1970 LS6 SS El Camino you can find. But there is a shoe for every foot :thumbup:.

·
Registered
388 Posts
As I recall, he said 'a rubber nose some ground effects and some decals' or something along those lines. Whie I don't agree with that since a vehicle is more than the sum total of it's components, I'm not trying to take sides since that would be ludicrous. What I find amazing is that you think people are 'jealous' if they don't share your enthusiasm about Choo Choos? That logic might be somewhat acceptable if you were say....12...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts