El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the inside fender on the passenger side there sits "something" bolted to the inside fender between the radiator overflow and the heater/air conditioning unit. Some wires from the ECM are plugged into it and wires go out. This "something" related to what....?

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Pictures would be good to help identify this part.

·
Supporting Member
4,439 Posts
Pictures would be good, but it is likely the Baro Sensor, EST sensor and Idle Up Relay. At least that is what was on the bracket on my Elky when I got it. Your year is different, so some things may not be the same.

Give us a picture, and we can give a better answer, as it does change through the years.

·
Venerated Member RIP
4,461 Posts
X3 on pics or a part # if you can see it and somebody can answer your ???

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried to post a couple of pictures.....under "Posting Rules".... it says "You may not post attachments"....so how do I post pictures then......!

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
They're right---pics are always better.

I'll take a stab at it. My guess is MAP Sensor (Manifold Absolute Pressure), ESC (Electronic Spark Control), and Heated EFE grid relay.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Sounds like the MAP sensor to me also.

·
Premium Member
1,144 Posts
For the 85 the MAP sensor is on the side of the air cleaner.
IIRC the 2 units on the passenger side are the barometric sensor and the electronic spark control.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There are three sensors together on top of the passenger side inside wheel house. Manifold differential pressure sensor....Electronic spark control module....and Heated EFE grid relay.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Top left....Heated EFE grid relay
Top right....Manifold differential pressure sensor
Bottom center....Electronic spark control module

All sensors together on one stand bolted on top of inside wheelhouse passenger side.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts