El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently replaced the front 180000 mile springs with the late model hvy s10 springs. Got more rise than I expected. I thought the s10 springs were going to be a lower loaded height? I've been running airlift 1000 on the back for a long time and they seem to do well, but if I replace the air bags this will be the 3rd set? I had replaced the original style air shocks long time ago because they're poor shocks. I put some good shocks on the rear and used the air bags for height adjustment. I don't normally haul much so they were there for height adjustment. Is anyone using something else? After looking it looks like the air bags are the best option??
Frank

·
Deputy National Director
9,613 Posts
The airlift 1000 bags have a lifetime warranty, just send email & get new ones, no need to buy new ones

There is many springs out there to choose from, I would search & see what others used

I went with KYB's gas-a-just shocks on all 4

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
Same happened to me here. I used the MOOG 5660 S10 springs in my ´82. Got a little more height than expected (still a little lower than the El Camino springs MOOG 5608, probably 1/2- 3/4") But ride quality felt much better. S10 springs relaxed length is shorter but wire diameter is a little larger, resulting in higher spring rate.
Airlift 1000 on the back too. Running individual air lines to each bag for loading the passanger side rear corner at the strip.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts