El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have a nice upper and lower, not sure what all it will fit. My mitchell collision manual should be here in Monday mail and can check interchangeability then. I know it is from a G body car just not the year. I will look tomorrow for a p/n on them. This was in with the hundreds of parts I got from this restorer when I bought his 20 years of accumulation, when he retired.
Don Black
According to the manual, the 78 & 79 are the same and the 80 and on are different. The later shrouds are the same as to fitting the core support and radiator, but The later is a little deeper (wide) and has in Large raised letters; CAUTION FAN, THE 78 & 79 DO NOT have the caution. I have 2 of 78-79s and one upper of the later.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I have a nice upper and lower, not sure what all it will fit. My mitchell collision manual should be here in Monday mail and can check interchangeability then. I know it is from a G body car just not the year. I will look tomorrow for a p/n on them. This was in with the hundreds of parts I got from this restorer when I bought his 20 years of accumulation, when he retired.
Don Black
Don if the shroud still has the emissions sticker no it, look at the bottom of the sticker it should say what year the sticker covers.

·
Deputy Director, Region 1
2,566 Posts
I see you got one already but 78 and up all fit the same. The only difference is 78-79 don't have the "Caution Fan" lettering.

·
Registered
161 Posts
They will fit but for some reason the 80 up ones are about an inch or so wider when I put them side by side. Maybe because the fan was not completely covered. On the later ones with V6 engines the collision manual shows an extrension shroud that fastens on the regular shroud. :smileyb:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Don Black
According to the manual, the 78 & 79 are the same and the 80 and on are different. The later shrouds are the same as to fitting the core support and radiator, but The later is a little deeper (wide) and has in Large raised letters; CAUTION FAN, THE 78 & 79 DO NOT have the caution. I have 2 of 78-79s and one upper of the later.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know your post is old but do yo have an upper an lower radiator fan shroud for a 1979 V8 el camino, or either upper or lower, and do you know if the lower is the same for 1978 and on g bodies

1 - 17 of 17 Posts