El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally decided to join on behalf of my dad who's had El Caminos for 20+ years. The current one is an 86 and it's health has gone down as my dad's has.

He's in a nursing facility now; we're trying to figure out what to do with the vehicle. :dontknow:It DEFINITELY STAYS parked out front til he goes.

So I've come looking for insight into appraising the vehicle for legal (guardianship) issues, learn of any common repair issues, and locate resources for parts.

·
Supporting Member
4,440 Posts
Welcome to the site. I'm sure you will find lots of useful info and helpful folks here. Values will depend alot on condition of the vehicle, so we'll need a lot more info / pictures to try and give you an educated guess. You can also use EBAY and craigslist to get an idea of what they are going for, especially in your area. Sorry to hear of your Dad's condition. Hope things work out well.

There was a similar situation over on Montecarloss.com. Lady rebuilt her dad's SS, as he was failing fast. Wanted to surprise him, and was successful. A good read, but long.

Here is one great writeup, and a leather covered dash:
http://www.montecarloss.com/community/ub...t=22&page=1
BTW, page 20 has an index of some highlights/pics of the thread....

·
Deputy Director Region 5
1,879 Posts
1st off sorry to hear about your dad's health hope that things work out.
There are several vendors out there that supply parts for 5th gen Elkies, the closest one to you might be WWW.Dixiemontecarlo.com they are over in the Charlotte NC area. Also try WWW.theelcaminostore.com or WWW.honestcharlies.com .
Good luck with your project and wish the best for your father.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts