El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, All, I'm Leo from AZ. Glad to be a part of this group. My '86 is my first El Camino, but I've worked on old Chevies forever. I'm a hands-on kinda guy, always learning new things, and hope to learn even more from this group. My Elky was last registered in 2000, when the owner decided to restore, but never got around to it. 2004 it was bought by another guy who had the same intent, but never did it. However, he didn't let it sit(good!). There was a stack of 3-day and 30 day permits in the glove box. And emissions failures. I got it Jan 2018, worked on it 1 1/2 yrs, got it through emissions inspection, and this past June, got her back on the road. Now, to clean her up and make her presentable.

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,713 Posts
Welcome from Florida ! :florida: Have fun

·
Premium Member
8,156 Posts
Hi Leo, welcome from Idaho. Glad you've joined us. Enjoy your 86 and the forum.

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,530 Posts
Welcome from NE Texas!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you ALL for your welcome! Yes, I'm loving my Elky. Even tho it needs work, I still get a lot of thumbs-ups. As my username should tell you, I'm a dinosaur when it comes to computers. Soon as I figure out how to put up pictures, I will. Got a friend request, but have to figure out how. Should ask my grandkids.

·
Registered
932 Posts
welcome from Sout Chicago . show us the dirty pictures ,, not in the thoughts you may be thinking , but the before and afters . Love to see the progress.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi Leo, Welcome, glad to see another person from AZ. As you can see from my garage, I've done quite a bit of work on my 85. PM me if you have a need.

·
Premium Member
387 Posts
Welcome from Frisco Texas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts