El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few years ago I went out and bought my self a 86 elky got on this forum and wrote something like ....will be done in six months ....well ...here we are ...six years later.
As I am really close to getting her on the road i thought I´d post some pics to show my gratitude and say thanks to all and every one that has helped guide me to the right place.

I started with this.

Put this in it.

Starting to get there

Before being polished

I will post more pics of frame, Engine, front and rear brakes,saved gas cap, saved key hole, custom seats and doors and so on.

·
Past Director Region 13, Senior Member
2,719 Posts
Looking great Andreas. I can't wait to see the rest of the pictures - especially after it's polished.:goodjob:

·
Registered
280 Posts
wow, looks like you had a good starting point!
I cant tell by the picture, did you get a t56 or 4l60e transmisison with the LS.
I have been saying about 10 years that I wanted to do that swap into a 5th gen elky :hail:

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
But, you're missing your forced induction system! :p

Looks like an awesome build man. :rockon:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Skylarkul

You will have a pic when she´s polished.

hagensen 78

Thanks for the kind words

Old Goat

Yes your right on the button there even if she´s 5 1/2 years late.

The Ghoul

At first glance she looked good but as you will see things were far from good.
She got a 4L60E out of a 2008 avalanche, the engine came out of the same truck.
The engine have a corvette intake and pully system and a caddy cts-v oil pan, the engine mount are home made so there are no notches any were ...not an easy task.

agoristmike

Super charging her would be cool but the swedish authorities would do a back flip and the car would never be road legal ...I´m pushing it as it is.
I can have 300hp to 1500kg if I change the brake system, engine, transmission and rear end ....now that all that is done the car will be re-registered as a "modified vehicle" So as for super charging I´ll leave that to my volvo t5 engine (480hp) that I´m putting into a 1965 volvo 122s estate.

More pics sooooooon:)

·
ZERO MPG
15,362 Posts
Looks great 6 years thought it would never come but it always does sooner or later.:cali::cali:

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
ANDREAS:EyecrazyHE'S ALIVE!!!! glad to see you are back and great to hear the badest elco in euroupe is finally ready:banana:cant wait for the updated/finnish pics!!!loving the irocs and ls,SO:cali:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
More pics

Rust

The bed

The bed now

Gas cap shaved

Shaved key hole

Shaved tail gate.

Some paint pics and fitting pics

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
HKDUP87

Yes it´s been a long time waiting ...funny how life changes plans.

lcochino

I dont know about "the badest elky in europe" but she is one of few frame offs with a ls engine.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
More paint

Rear brakes

The kit

Brake mounted but because the car is lowered the emergency brake hit the frame The caliper braket now moved
Caliper now in correct position.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
More rollpan pics

After fitting and paint

The interior.

The seats are from a Honda of some sort, to be able to fit them it was necessary to cut part of the floor out. The seat design originally came from a Ferrari Dino and the door panels ...well..the guys that have been on this site a long time just might recognize who i pinched that idea from.

Adjusting the floor

Seats

Door panel

More to come soon

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
As many know, when you convert to disc brakes from drums a brake adjusting valve is required( I cant remember what it´s called in english ) any way here is a pic of were i put my´n.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
A few more pics

Front end has 2" drop spindles and springs ( I can remember how many inches )

I dont have any pics of her with the irocs on but here are two that show how low she sits.

A view of the rim and rotor

·
Registered
72 Posts
This looks absolutely amazing and is making me a little jealous, ive been doing an LS2 swap on my 85 SS with a ford 9" with rear disc conversion but im in the military so im away from her for long periods of time and is making it hard to get it completed, i want to do a frameoff once i get settled someplace and i stop moving, but the elky looks great and cant wait to see the finished product.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts